Could this sound more exhausting? Rihanna -- the most infamous redhead since the legendary pirate Barbarossa -- is celebrating the release of her new album Unapologetic (out today) with a seven-day, seven-performance, seven-country tour called The 777 Tour. Crazier yet, she's inviting along fans, contest winners, and more than 150 journalists to fly around the world with her. And guess who got an invite? NewNowNext's intrepid reporter Shawn Hollenbach, whose day-to-day journey is chronicled here. He is sleep-deprived and armed with a cardboard cutout of RuPaul. That is some next-level Woodward and Bernstein commitment to journalistic integrity. As his trek winds up, let's recount some of his highlights.
Rihanna photographs well with a 2-D RuPaul.
Man, Rihanna is so... a glorious Barbie doll. Look at that nose. See you in the Mattel dream house.
Shawn finds a RuPaul connection in Rihanna's coterie.
Shawn meets Rihanna's stylist Mel Ottenberg and her costume designer Adam Selman, »
Similar News ItemsRuPaul
- 'Breaking Bad' wins program of the year at TCA Awards (From EW.com - Inside TV. 19 July 2014, 7:04 PM, PDT)
- TCA Awards 2014: Good Wife, Oitnb, True Detective, Veep, Breaking Bad, RuPaul Among Winners (From TVLine.com. 19 July 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Breaking Bad,’ ‘True Detective’ Win at TCA Awards (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Nascar Fans Deliver the Best Lines From “RuPaul’s Drag Race” (From The Backlot. 15 May 2014, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Should Gay Celebs Feel Pressured To Stay Hitched During The Fight For Marriage Equality? (From Huffington Post. 21 June 2013, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- "1 girl 5 gays" Guys Talk Rihanna and Her 777 Tour (From The Backlot. 16 November 2012, 2:03 PM, PST)
"RuPaul's Drag Race" (2009)
- See how you did predicting the TV Critics Award winners (From Gold Derby. 20 July 2014, 7:15 PM, PDT)
- TV News: Dogs, Prime, Awards, Fall (From Dark Horizons. 20 July 2014, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- True Detective and Veep Win Big at TCA Awards (From Vulture. 19 July 2014, 6:30 PM, PDT)