Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 impresses critics and accountants with the biggest haul of the series, prompting rumours of more films
The final film in the Twilight series has debuted with the highest opening of the series so far, an impressive $340.9m (£214m) worldwide.
The gargantuan haul for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, which sees Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson star as Bella Cullen (née Swan) and her bloodsucking love Edward for the final time, also achieved the eighth highest opening in box office history. It was particularly successful outside the Us, where it picked up almost $200m in 61 countries. Bill Condon's film took a slightly lower total in North America, $141.3m, than predecessor New Moon managed in 2009.
Despite its large take, Breaking Dawn – Part 2 has some way to go before it can challenge 2012's most successful films at the box office. The Avengers leads with $1.51bn and »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Jim Sturgess joins Kristen Stewart in Jt Leroy biopic (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: As Vanessa Bayer and Sasheer Zamata Exit, We Remember Their Best Sketches (From Indiewire Television. 22 May 2017, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: As Vanessa Bayer and Sasheer Zamata Exit, We Remember Their Best Sketches (From Indiewire. 22 May 2017, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- Why This Year’s Cannes Lineup May Be Too Edgy for Oscar (From Variety - Film News. 26 May 2017, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Some very good dogs won awards at Cannes (From The AV Club. 26 May 2017, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Day 9-10: A Gentle Creature, In The Fade, L'Amant Double (From FilmExperience. 26 May 2017, 7:40 AM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Watch Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitate Christian Bale's Batman (From MovieWeb. 26 May 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Critical Thinking: Why Do People Care So Much About Canon? (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Drone – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 May 2017, 7:15 AM, PDT)