Short Circuit, 1986.
Directed by John Badham.
An experimental military robot becomes sentient after being struck by lightning and befriends a young woman, who attempts to help him from being recaptured by the army.
Let's take a trip back to a simpler, more civilized age - the 1980s, where military robots enjoyed nothing better than settling down in front of the TV to watch old Marx Brothers movies or busting out some John Travolta dance moves to Saturday Night Fever, as opposed to obliterating humanity and taking over the world. Well, that's not quite true of course (one only needs to look at The Terminator for evidence of that), but it's certainly the case when it comes Number 5, the protagonist of director John Badham's (the aforementioned Saturday Night Fever) 1986 smash hit sci-fi comedy Short Circuit, »
Similar News ItemsJohn Travolta (I)
- John Travolta's New Look Will Give You The Willys (From TMZ. 13 September 2014, 12:20 AM, PDT)
- 'The Forger': Toronto Review (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 September 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- James Gandolfini Netflix Guide: Films To Stream This Weekend (From VH1.com. 12 September 2014, 5:00 PM, PDT)
Blade Runner (1982)
- Ranked: Every Summer Movie Season Since 1980 - Part 2 (From Cinelinx. 14 September 2014, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Art of John Alvin’ Book Review (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- CBS’ “48 Hours” features coverage of Oscar Pistorius verdict (From ChannelGuideMag. 12 September 2014, 6:41 AM, PDT)
Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)
- News Bits: Walk, VOD, Alvin, McFarland, Camp (From Dark Horizons. 24 August 2014, 9:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 4' Lands 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Writer (From MovieWeb. 22 August 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- Liz Holzman, Emmy-Winning Animator, Dies at 61 (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 August 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)