Say what you will about the Twilight series, but you can’t fault it for being inconsistent.
The popular vampire franchise’s final installment, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, scored the eighth biggest opening weekend of all time with a $141.3 million debut. If Summit’s estimates hold up, that’s just a touch ahead of Breaking Dawn – Part 1, which started with $138.1 million last year, and just a touch behind New Moon, which opened with $142.8 million in 2009.
Impressively, Breaking Dawn – Part 2 also earned $199.6 million in its international debut this weekend, giving it an early global total of $340.9 million. When all is said and done, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- ‘Star Trek 3′ Gets Title, Michael Bay Benghazi Thriller Sets Release Date (From Variety - Film News. 30 June 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Haunting Teaser For Snowden Shines A Light (From We Got This Covered. 30 June 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Votd: New Documentary Relives The Battle of Endor from ‘Return of the Jedi’ (From Slash Film. 30 June 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'American Sniper' Writer To Make Directorial Debut With Former Steven Spielberg Gig 'Thank You For Your Service' (From The Playlist. 30 June 2015, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Jason Hall to Make Directorial Debut on Thank You For Your Service (From Collider.com. 30 June 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Nick Zano Joins Fox’s ‘Minority Report’ in Major Casting Shakeup (From The Wrap. 30 June 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- First full trailer and official synopsis for Heroes Reborn (From Flickeringmyth. 25 June 2015, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem Coming this August (From Comicmix. 8 June 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem Coming to Blu-Ray & DVD! (From Legions of Gotham. 3 June 2015, 9:47 AM, PDT)