Say what you will about the Twilight series, but you can’t fault it for being inconsistent.
The popular vampire franchise’s final installment, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, scored the eighth biggest opening weekend of all time with a $141.3 million debut. If Summit’s estimates hold up, that’s just a touch ahead of Breaking Dawn – Part 1, which started with $138.1 million last year, and just a touch behind New Moon, which opened with $142.8 million in 2009.
Impressively, Breaking Dawn – Part 2 also earned $199.6 million in its international debut this weekend, giving it an early global total of $340.9 million. When all is said and done, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Star Wars: The Phasma Menace (From LatinoReview. 19 December 2014, 3:07 PM, PST)
- Neil Patrick Harris Makes His ‘Ahs’ Debut, Kim Kardashian Gives Her Mom a Reality Check + More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 19 December 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- First Look: Mark Wahlberg Gets Wet in ‘Ted 2′; Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Hang Out in ‘Sisters’ (From Slash Film. 19 December 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Colin Trevorrow and Chris Pratt talk Jurassic World (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- First Look Photos From Many 2015 Blockbusters (From Dark Horizons. 19 December 2014, 10:17 AM, PST)
- New Pictures from 'Star Wars 7', 'Insurgent', 'Furious 7', 'Ted 2', 'Jurassic World' and More (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 December 2014, 10:16 AM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Twilight Saga extended editions releasing on Blu-ray in January (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 12 December 2014, 7:40 AM, PST)
- Twilight Saga: Extended Editions Triple Feature Coming to Blu-ray and DVD January 13th (From Collider.com. 11 December 2014, 12:56 PM, PST)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies movie review: there and back again… at last (From FlickFilosopher. 10 December 2014, 9:27 AM, PST)