Say what you will about the Twilight series, but you can’t fault it for being inconsistent.
The popular vampire franchise’s final installment, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, scored the eighth biggest opening weekend of all time with a $141.3 million debut. If Summit’s estimates hold up, that’s just a touch ahead of Breaking Dawn – Part 1, which started with $138.1 million last year, and just a touch behind New Moon, which opened with $142.8 million in 2009.
Impressively, Breaking Dawn – Part 2 also earned $199.6 million in its international debut this weekend, giving it an early global total of $340.9 million. When all is said and done, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- 'Star Wars 7' Flashback and Luke's Role Revealed? (From MovieWeb. 28 February 2015, 11:10 AM, PST)
- "Star Wars" 1-6 Retold As Lego Mini-Series (From Dark Horizons. 28 February 2015, 9:40 AM, PST)
- Obsessed with TV and Film: Best of the Week (From SoundOnSight. 28 February 2015, 9:22 AM, PST)
- 'The Last Starfighter' Remake Eyed by 'Star Wars' Writer (From MovieWeb. 28 February 2015, 2:08 PM, PST)
- New Dinosaur Designs Revealed On Official Jurassic World Website (From ComicBookMovie. 28 February 2015, 4:31 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: 'Birdman' Wins Best Picture, Pee-wee Herman Gets a 'Big Holiday' at Netflix and More (From Movies.com. 28 February 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Maps to the Stars movie review: kill it with fire (From FlickFilosopher. 23 February 2015, 4:18 AM, PST)
- Movie Review: The Duff (From CinemaNerdz. 19 February 2015, 9:01 PM, PST)
- 'Fifty Shades' Is One of Fandango's Best Pre-Sellers Ever (From MovieWeb. 11 February 2015, 2:13 PM, PST)