Sunday (Nov. 18) is the 20th anniversary of the "Seinfeld" episode "The Contest." It's now considered one of the very best episodes of the series -- if not of any sitcom ever. Zap2it -- heck, the web as we know it -- didn't exist then. But if it had, this is how we would have recapped "The Contest" in our first ever Retro Rave. The items in parentheses are little factoids about the episode.
That's it. "Seinfeld" is king of the comedy county, lord of the laugh manor. Truly, the show is master of its domain.
The show has been on an unbelievable run this fall, and it came to a head, so to speak, this week with "The Contest," which has to be about the funniest and certainly the most innuendo-laden take on masturbation in TV history. Where to start?
("The Contest" Fact No. 1: Larry David won an »
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- Mad Men: See What Final Season Stories Matthew Weiner Almost Covered (From Collider.com. 29 May 2015, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Happy Birthday, Danny Elfman (From Hitfix. 28 May 2015, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Casting News: Giancarlo Esposito, Alfre Woodard, La La Anthony & Others Book New Roles (From ShadowAndAct. 28 May 2015, 12:34 PM, PDT)
John F. Kennedy
- Emmys flashback: Jackie Kennedy wins for White House tour (From Gold Derby. 29 May 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Is this the worst Pointless answer ever? Watch this contestant's hilarious mix-up (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- TV News: Muppets, Mad, Strain, 11-22-63 (From Dark Horizons. 19 May 2015, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- ‘Entourage’ Cast Reunites For Special Screening Of Movie In NYC (From Uinterview. 28 May 2015, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Doug Ellin and Cast Reunite for ‘Entourage’ New York Screening (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2015, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- "Let's Kill Ward's Wife" Turns Out To Be Sage Advice (From JustPressPlay. 28 May 2015, 3:22 AM, PDT)