Sunday (Nov. 18) is the 20th anniversary of the "Seinfeld" episode "The Contest." It's now considered one of the very best episodes of the series -- if not of any sitcom ever. Zap2it -- heck, the web as we know it -- didn't exist then. But if it had, this is how we would have recapped "The Contest" in our first ever Retro Rave. The items in parentheses are little factoids about the episode.
That's it. "Seinfeld" is king of the comedy county, lord of the laugh manor. Truly, the show is master of its domain.
The show has been on an unbelievable run this fall, and it came to a head, so to speak, this week with "The Contest," which has to be about the funniest and certainly the most innuendo-laden take on masturbation in TV history. Where to start?
("The Contest" Fact No. 1: Larry David won an »
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- The Simpsons: Has the Fox TV Show Been Cancelled or Renewed for Season 29? (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 January 2017, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Ratings: Steelers/Chiefs Draw 30 Mil; Cowboys/Packers Deliver 48.5 Million (From TVLine.com. 16 January 2017, 8:32 AM, PST)
- The Simpsons mixes The Great Gatsby with hip-hop in misfiring special (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 January 2017, 7:28 AM, PST)
John F. Kennedy
- ‘Neruda’ and ‘Jackie’ Prove Pablo Larraín is the Year’s Most Fearless Director: Awards Spotlight (From Indiewire. 12 January 2017, 3:41 PM, PST)
- 'Golden' Donald Trump Allegation Isn't So Far-Fetched, Says Trevor Noah (From TVLine.com. 12 January 2017, 6:36 AM, PST)
- Donald Trump’s Son-in-Law Has Hillary Clinton to Thank for Skirting JFK-Inspired Nepotism Rules (From PEOPLE.com. 11 January 2017, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Patrick Warburton on Playing ‘Miserable’ Lemony Snicket in Netflix’s ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ (From Variety - TV News. 13 January 2017, 7:42 AM, PST)
- Bryan Cranston, Jessica Biel Star in James Corden's Kanye Soap Opera (From TVLine.com. 13 January 2017, 5:35 AM, PST)
- This Is What It Looks Like When the World's Funniest People Crash a Comedy Club (From E! Online. 12 January 2017, 9:22 AM, PST)