Now that Disney has the combined cinematic might of Star Wars (and other Lucasfilm properties), the vast majority of the Marvel catalog, and possibly (if rumors are to be believed) Hasbro at its disposal, one might think the company is no longer in need of seeking out ways to translate theme park rides such as Big Thunder Mountain into properties for television and film.
It turns out that thinking would be dead wrong, as it was recently announced the company plans to turn the Western-inspired train ride into an ABC television series with the help of Fast & Furious writer and executive producer Chris Morgan and actor-turned-writer Jason Fuchs (Ice Age: Continental Drift). Naturally, at this stage of development, Disney isn’t going into much detail about ...
Click to continue reading ‘Fast & Furious’ Producer Adapting Disney’s Big Thunder Mountain for TV
- Kevin Yeoman
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Star Wars Rebels Animated Series Plots 2014 Debut on Disney Xd (From TheHDRoom. 20 May 2013, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Rebels: Disney Announces New Animated Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 May 2013, 7:19 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars 7 Casting: Jonathan Rhys Meyers First New Name to Pop Up! (From E! Online. 20 May 2013, 5:32 PM, PDT)
Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
- Viva Pictures Gets the U.S. Rights to ‘Top Cat: The Movie’ (From LatinoReview. 8 May 2013, 5:19 PM, PDT)
- feel the rush of endorkins (Star Trek Into Darkness review) (From FlickFilosopher. 8 May 2013, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- News Corp. Profits Rise to $2.85 Billion (From Variety - Film News. 8 May 2013, 1:10 PM, PDT)
Christopher Morgan (I)
- Fast & Furious 6 Review (From The Hollywood News. 15 May 2013, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- Fast & Furious 6: New TV Spots And Featurettes (From Filmofilia. 15 May 2013, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Review: 'Furious Six' delivers the biggest action yet in this unstoppable series (From Hitfix. 15 May 2013, 1:40 AM, PDT)