2013 is going to be the year of Melissa McCarthy. The comedienne will be a big screen staple next year with roles in Identity Thief with Jason Bateman, The Hangover Part III, and Tammy, written by McCarthy and husband Ben Falcone who you’ll recognize as the air marshal in Bridesmaids. McCarthy re-teams with Bridesmaids director Paul Feig for The Heat, a new buddy cop comedy co-starring Sandra Bullock.
Bullock channels her Miss Congeniality character as a by-the-books FBI agent who joins forces with the unruly street smart cop played by McCarthy. The crime world better watch out for these ladies as they’re on the hunt for a Russian mobster! The film co-stars "SNL's" Taran Killam (of our current office obsession "The Legend of Mokiki and the Sloppy Swish") and "Arrested Development's" Tony Hale.
Check out the trailer for The Heat after the jump! »
- Rachel West
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' (From Huffington Post. 24 May 2013, 5:02 PM, PDT)
- Top That! Tan Mom's New Music Video, a Justin Bieber Monkey Update, and More! (From Popsugar. 24 May 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Top That! Tan Mom's New Music Video, a Justin Bieber Monkey Update, and More! (From BuzzSugar. 24 May 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Sandra Bullock Jokes About Gravity Sex Scenes With George Clooney (From Access Hollywood. 24 May 2013, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Jesse James chops off pinky and shares disgusting photos (From Pop2it. 23 May 2013, 1:42 PM, PDT)
- Afternoon Delight: Emma Roberts joins "American Horror Story: Coven," "Forbes" power lists full of lesbian/bi celebs (From AfterEllen.com. 23 May 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Filmmaker Report Card - Judd Apatow (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Chris O'Dowd: Jason Segel and I Took Baths Together When We Were Roommates! (From E! Online. 24 May 2013, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Jerry Lewis: Female comedians diminish their qualities with broad humor (From Pop2it. 24 May 2013, 7:57 AM, PDT)