2013 is going to be the year of Melissa McCarthy. The comedienne will be a big screen staple next year with roles in Identity Thief with Jason Bateman, The Hangover Part III, and Tammy, written by McCarthy and husband Ben Falcone who you’ll recognize as the air marshal in Bridesmaids. McCarthy re-teams with Bridesmaids director Paul Feig for The Heat, a new buddy cop comedy co-starring Sandra Bullock.
Bullock channels her Miss Congeniality character as a by-the-books FBI agent who joins forces with the unruly street smart cop played by McCarthy. The crime world better watch out for these ladies as they’re on the hunt for a Russian mobster! The film co-stars "SNL's" Taran Killam (of our current office obsession "The Legend of Mokiki and the Sloppy Swish") and "Arrested Development's" Tony Hale.
Check out the trailer for The Heat after the jump! »
- Rachel West
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- One Direction Hangs With Big Bird On ‘Sesame Street’ — First Pic (From HollywoodLife. 11 December 2013, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Episodes Is Getting a Fourth Season (From BuzzSugar. 11 December 2013, 11:55 AM, PST)
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler tackle 2013's biggest pop culture topics, make bold predictions for 2014 (From EW.com - PopWatch. 11 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Casting Net: Sandra Bullock in talks to join a George Clooney project; Plus, Jason Segel cast as David Foster Wallace, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 11 December 2013, 6:43 PM, PST)
- Sandra Bullock May Star In Our Brand Is Crisis (From We Got This Covered. 11 December 2013, 6:25 PM, PST)
- Sandra Bullock Might Star in George Clooney's 'Our Brand is Crisis' (From FirstShowing.net. 11 December 2013, 3:19 PM, PST)
- Flickering Myth at Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues' red carpet Live! (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 12:40 PM, PST)
- Christmas Movies: Mainstays and Madness! (From Blogomatic3000. 11 December 2013, 8:29 AM, PST)
- Analysis: ‘Osage’ and ‘Butler’ Get SAG Nom Boost; ‘Her,’ ‘Wolf’ Awol (From Variety - Film News. 11 December 2013, 6:39 AM, PST)