Carl Reiner’s 1969 film The Comic stars Dick Van Dyke as Billy Bright (the film’s original title), a character inspired in part by the life of an aspiring silent film comedian who ultimately ends up ruining his career due to his troubled and self-destructive nature. Co-starring Michele Lee and Mickey Rooney, The Comic is a film that most contemporary audiences are not aware of. Rarely (if ever) aired on television or cable, the film received both VHS and laserdisc releases in the 1980’s and 1990’s, respectively. Audiences will have their chance to see the film on a big screen on November 20, 2012 when the New Beverly in Los Angeles presents a rare screening of the movie. Actor Dick Van Dyke and director Carl Reiner are due to make personal appearances at the screening.
Click here to find out more information and purchase tickets.
Normal 0 false false false En-us X-none X-none »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Cinema Retro)
Similar News ItemsMickey Rooney (I)
- Pitfall (From Trailers from Hell. 16 November 2015, 9:59 PM, PST)
- Sliff 2015 Review : Archie’S Betty (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 13 November 2015, 10:15 PM, PST)
- Sliff 2015 Interview: Gerald Peary – Director of Archie’S Betty (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 November 2015, 6:04 PM, PST)
Dick Van Dyke
- The Details: Home Again, Home Again (From MUBI. 11 November 2015, 9:19 AM, PST)
- 25 great movie performances by actors in multiple roles (From Den of Geek. 5 November 2015, 1:41 PM, PST)
- Do I Sound Gay? review – highly personal documentary (From The Guardian - Film News. 1 November 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Missed It Last Night? Watch 90-Minute Eddie Murphy Mark Twain Prize Tribute Broadcast (From Indiewire Television. 24 November 2015, 8:13 AM, PST)
- Tonight: Eddie Murphy Feted By Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Arsenio Hall, Trevor Noah & Others on PBS (From Indiewire Television. 23 November 2015, 8:21 AM, PST)
- Tonight: Eddie Murphy Feted By Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Arsenio Hall, Trevor Noah & Others on PBS (From ShadowAndAct. 23 November 2015, 8:21 AM, PST)