New Zealand's capital city has hotels, bars, coffee shops and galleries to enjoy without any sign of orcs, elves or the Shire
Tourists heading to New Zealand this winter who are not fans of Jrr Tolkien may feel a little like they've entered a parallel universe. For passengers travelling with Air New Zealand the confusion will begin just moments after take off when they are welcomed on board a flight, not to Wellington but to the "Middle of Middle Earth", as the city now styles itself.
The theme will continue with the on-board safety video "imparting a story of safety" with a message from Gandalf - aka the captain.
Arriving at Wellington airport, the first thing bleary-eyed and jet-lagged, tourists will set their eyes upon is a giant Gollum looming over the cafe area. All this before they've even reached the city proper. Once there they may find themselves using »
Similar News ItemsThe Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- 30-disc Middle-earth: Limited Collector’s Edition box-set arriving in October (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Middle-earth 6-Film Collection Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is Epic, Majestic and Expensive (From TheHDRoom. 20 August 2016, 6:37 AM, PDT)
- ‘Flight of the Conchords’ Bret McKenzie is Writing a Major Fantasy Film for Warner Brothers (From Indiewire. 9 August 2016, 8:45 AM, PDT)
Green Dragon (2001)
- Bethenny Frankel Visits Dispensary Ahead of Launching Skinnygirl Marijuana (From Us Weekly. 15 January 2015, 11:52 AM, PST)
- Bethenny Frankel -- Puff, Puff, Pass the Skinnygirl Marijuana! (From TMZ. 15 January 2015, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Revenge Of The Green Dragons Review (From We Got This Covered. 23 October 2014, 11:41 AM, PDT)
Nick Clark (XIII)
- Official Red Band Trailer Now Available for Hate Crime (From Dread Central. 2 May 2013, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Hate Crime Lands Distro But You Can Watch it on VOD Now! (From Dread Central. 20 April 2013, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- An Assortment of Posters for Indie Feature Hate Crime (From Dread Central. 1 February 2013, 4:56 PM, PST)