Nashville, Tenn. — Jason Mraz will make history next month when he performs in Myanmar to raise awareness about human trafficking.
Mraz will headline a free outdoor concert on Dec. 16 at People's Square in Yangon, at the base of Shwedagon Pagoda.
The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter is believed to be the first international artist to perform an open-air concert in the country. The show includes local acts and is hosted by MTV Exit, the music channel's initiative to raise awareness about human trafficking and exploitation.
"That's pretty exciting," Mraz said of the history involved, "and I'm going there with an enormous amount of gratitude and respect, and I hope we can actually make a difference. I hope it's also a testament to the songs. I've always wanted my songs to be about healing and self-empowerment, and if this is the way MTV is acknowledging that, then I am incredibly grateful."
The show, which will include local acts, »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Justin Bieber -- Used by the White House to Plug Immigration Reform (From TMZ. 18 April 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Devious Maids': Five ideas for plot twists this season (From EW.com - PopWatch. 18 April 2014, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Sam Stein: White House ‘Moving the Ball’ for Obamacare’s Success (From Mediaite - TV. 18 April 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
Jason Mraz (I)
- Adam Levine, Shakira Narrow Their Teams to 3 on The Voice (From PEOPLE.com. 15 April 2014, 4:40 AM, PDT)
- 'The Voice' Recap: Dani Moz And Christina Grimmie Shine, Shakira And Adam Levine Pick Their Top 3 (From Uinterview. 14 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- 'The Voice' Recap: Dani Moz And Chrestina Grimmie Shine, Shakira And Adam Levine Pick Their Top 3 (From Uinterview. 14 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)