Singer working on documentary about late husband scheduled for 2014, says director and collaborator Brett Morgan
The director of a new documentary about the Rolling Stones is reportedly working on a film about Kurt Cobain. Although Courtney Love recently denied plans for a musical based on Cobain, the singer is indeed planning a movie about her late husband.
"Courtney is the one that brought me into this," Brett Morgan told the New York Post. In fact, the Crossfire Hurricane director revealed that he and Love have been discussing a Cobain documentary since 2007. "We've been trying to find the right time to put this film together and the time is now," he said. They plan to release the feature in 2014.
Morgan's comments follow remarks last month by Love's "co-manager" Sam Lufti. "[Courtney and I] are currently working on a possible motion picture or Broadway musical based on the Nirvana catalogue, based on [Courtney's] life and Kurt Cobain's, »
- Sean Michaels
Similar News ItemsBritney Spears
- Jane the Virgin Recap: Got Milk? (From TVLine.com. 12 October 2015, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- Britney Spears -- $7 Million Steal for New Mansion (Photos) (From TMZ. 12 October 2015, 3:13 PM, PDT)
- Jane the Virgin Season 2, Now With More Britney Spears Dancing & Love Triangles, According to Gina Rodriguez (From E! Online. 12 October 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
Gus Van Sant
- Tribute to Chantal Akerman at the 18th Montreal International Documentary Festival (From SoundOnSight. 12 October 2015, 8:57 PM, PDT)
- In October, Criterion Has "A Special Day" on "Mulholland Dr." in its "Own Private Idaho", and More (From JustPressPlay. 12 October 2015, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon's 9 Best Performances (From Indiewire. 8 October 2015, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Frances Bean Cobain Steps Out With Wedding Ring for First Time Since Secret Ceremony: Photo (From Us Weekly. 10 October 2015, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, Tvd, Moonlight, True Blood and More (From TVLine.com. 3 October 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Frances Bean Cobain Secretly Marries Isaiah Silva: Where Was Mom Courtney Love? (From Us Weekly. 28 September 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)