Measure B, a law requiring the use of condoms in adult movies in La County, fixes a problem that doesn't exist. Our sex is safe
The word pornography has a widely splayed set of definitions. To borrow Judge Potter Stewart's words, we know it when we see it – and we all see it with different sets of eyeballs, informed by different sets of experiences and beliefs.
The term "porn industry" is used to cover a broad range of media, but here I want to talk about the capitalism-driven, heterosexual-oriented adult industry. The porn industry that produces movies such as Pirates XXX and features performers such as Jenna Jameson and Sasha Grey, and produces websites named bigbuttslikeitbig. It is the porn industry targeted by Measure B, a law requiring the use of condoms in adult movies in Los Angeles County, California, which was approved by 55.9% of voters earlier this month.
Similar News ItemsSasha Grey (I)
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Welcome Baby No. 2! Meet 10 More Famous Couples Who Have Two Children Too (From E! Online. 2 May 2015, 4:55 AM, PDT)
- Open Windows, a dull film trying to be edgy by casting an ex-porn star (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 May 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Open Windows’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 15 April 2015, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- This Is the Best Lil' Kim Has Looked In Years -- See Her Slay at Bet Awards! (From TooFab. 29 June 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Who could be going into the Celebrity Big Brother house? All the rumours (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 June 2015, 4:26 AM, PDT)
- Jenna Jameson Is Converting to Judaism! (From E! Online. 11 June 2015, 9:44 AM, PDT)