Jane Goldman (Kick -Ass) is in talks with Warner Bros. with a view to writing the script for their forthcoming live action adaptation of the classic children’s tale Pinocchio. An initial draft has already been created by Bryan Fuller (Pushing Daisies) and according to THR the studio are eyeing Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands) to direct the new film and are also looking to land Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man) as Pinocchio’s master Geppetto.
Pinocchio was originally written by Italian Carlo Collodi and centres around a woodcarver called Geppetto, who creates a puppet that becomes a real boy and whose nose grows whenever he tells a lie. When Pinocchio goes missing, Geppetto embarks on a quest to reunite with his creation. The story has been most famously told in the 1940 animated Disney classic.
The British writer, who is also the wife of talk show host Jonathan Ross, is certainly »
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a bad influence (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 10:50 PM, PST)
- Photo of Henry Cavill Auditioning for Superman: Flyby in Different Suit (From GeekTyrant. 7 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman unsure about Wolverine return (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 6:09 AM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- Kick-Ass and Guardians of the Galaxy director of photography Ben Davis joins The Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 9 December 2013, 2:36 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk and more (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 10:47 PM, PST)
- Editorial: Connecting the Dots-Speculation and Thoughts on the McU. Spoilers (From ComicBookMovie. 8 December 2013, 1:10 PM, PST)
Tim Burton (I)
- Egypt’s Zad set to let Cat out of the bag (From ScreenDaily. 7 December 2013, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Photo: Henry Cavill As Superman In 2004 (From Dark Horizons. 7 December 2013, 8:34 AM, PST)
- Product Spotlight: Batman: 1989 Limited Edition 2-cd Set (From Legions of Gotham. 7 December 2013, 2:00 AM, PST)