If you’ve been anticipating the end of the found-footage horror craze, well… don’t start holding your breath yet. This year’s big releases (The Devil Inside and Paranormal Activity 4) have illustrated the sub-genre’s limitations, while Barry Levinson’s The Bay has demonstrated that even an experienced filmmaker can only do so much while working with the format. However, the continued low-cost/high-profit from these projects ensures that more will be arriving soon.
Case in point: next year will mark the release of a Latino-themed Paranormal Activity spinoff, Paranormal Activity 5, and a sequel to the 2010 supernatural horror flick The Last Exorcism (now officially titled The Last Exorcism Part II).
CBS Films has acquired the U.S. distribution rights for Last Exorcism Part II, which is directed by Ed Gass-Donnelly ...
Click to continue reading ‘Last Exorcism 2′ Gets a Synopsis, Release Date & First Image
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsParanormal Activity (2007)
- M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit Trailer Attached To Unfriended; First Poster In Theaters (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 April 2015, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- New Blumhouse Production ‘The Gallows’ gets a creepy trailer (From SoundOnSight. 18 April 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Blumhouse Goes High School In The Gallows’ Terrifying First Teaser (From We Got This Covered. 17 April 2015, 9:20 AM, PDT)
The Last Exorcism (2010)
- 'Vatican Tapes' Trailer: Satan Battles a Warrior of God (From MovieWeb. 6 March 2015, 10:38 AM, PST)
- ‘Whiplash’ Screenplay: That Touch of Horror Made Chazelle’s Script Sing (From Variety - Film News. 5 February 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- DVD Review – Grace: The Possession (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 19 January 2015, 4:20 AM, PST)
Barry Levinson (I)
- Santino Fontana Joins ‘Shades Of Blue'; Amirah Vann Cast In ‘Underground’ (From Deadline TV. 14 April 2015, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Edward Aiona, Clint Eastwood’s Prop Master, Dies at 83 (From Variety - Film News. 9 April 2015, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Jeffery Joins ‘Shades Of Blue'; Mamie Gummer Cast In ‘Manhattan’ (From Deadline TV. 8 April 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)