If you’ve been anticipating the end of the found-footage horror craze, well… don’t start holding your breath yet. This year’s big releases (The Devil Inside and Paranormal Activity 4) have illustrated the sub-genre’s limitations, while Barry Levinson’s The Bay has demonstrated that even an experienced filmmaker can only do so much while working with the format. However, the continued low-cost/high-profit from these projects ensures that more will be arriving soon.
Case in point: next year will mark the release of a Latino-themed Paranormal Activity spinoff, Paranormal Activity 5, and a sequel to the 2010 supernatural horror flick The Last Exorcism (now officially titled The Last Exorcism Part II).
CBS Films has acquired the U.S. distribution rights for Last Exorcism Part II, which is directed by Ed Gass-Donnelly ...
Click to continue reading ‘Last Exorcism 2′ Gets a Synopsis, Release Date & First Image
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsParanormal Activity (2007)
- Why ‘The Conjuring’ Could Become the Biggest Horror Franchise of the Century (From Indiewire. 14 August 2017, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Horror-thriller Lasso gets a new trailer, watch it here (From Flickeringmyth. 10 August 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Get Out's Jason Blum: 'Australia has exported some of the great genre film-makers of our time' (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 August 2017, 10:38 PM, PDT)
The Last Exorcism (2010)
- Tribeca horror 'Psychopaths' scores world sales deal (From ScreenDaily. 8 May 2017, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca 2017 Interview: Mickey Keating, Ashley Bell & Larry Fessenden Discuss Reteaming for Psychopaths (From DailyDead. 24 April 2017, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- New to Hulu in April: ‘The Handmaid’s Tale,’ ‘The Usual Suspects,’ and Many More Film and TV Titles (From Indiewire Television. 17 March 2017, 8:43 AM, PDT)
Barry Levinson (I)
- Sleepers: Revisiting an Incredible Movie and Book (From TVovermind.com. 2 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Movies, TV Shows Evolve to Reflect a Changing, More Complex View of Police (From Variety - TV News. 1 August 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Movies, TV Shows Evolve to Reflect a Changing, More Complex View of Police (From Variety - Film News. 1 August 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)