By Joseph Leray
According to some recently posted job listings, Whore of the Orient -- the new game from L.A. Noire director Brendan McNamara -- is ramping up production soon, with a projected (and probably optimistic) release date in 2015.
Orient will be "narrative action adventure, similar in genre to L.A. Noire," using the same MotionScan facial technology made famous by Team Bondi's 1940s epic. The lead animator position calls for "realistic human animation."
These details aren't altogether surprising, given McNamara's work on L. A. Noire, but there's enough here to raise a few eyebrows. Team Bondi's assets were liquidated and its doors closed after the release of L.A. Noire, and it seems strange to jump right back into the kind of grand, ambitious project that scuttled the studio in the first place.
Most of Team Bondi has since been brought on at Kennedy Mitchell Miller, a film »
- MTV Video Games
Similar News ItemsStevie Wonder
- Stevie Wonder -- Hoops Contest with Anthony Anderson ... You'll Be Surprised (Video) (From TMZ. 29 August 2016, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Watch All of James Corden's Carpool Karaoke Sessions (From Popsugar. 26 August 2016, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Watch Penn and Teller Reveal Trade Secrets to James Corden (From Rolling Stone. 25 August 2016, 6:32 AM, PDT)
Happy Feet (2006)
- Tanna is Australia's official nominee for foreign language film at the Oscars (From IF.com.au. 22 August 2016, 7:01 PM, PDT)
- Uts and Animal Logic aim to stop the brain drain with new animation degree (From IF.com.au. 9 August 2016, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Cyber wins Get Reel short film competition (From IF.com.au. 26 July 2016, 6:51 PM, PDT)
"Mega Man" (1994)
- Bag Yourself A Bargain With The Humble Capcom PlayStation Bundle (From We Got This Covered. 24 August 2016, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Unit 4 is a gloriously retro co-op game for Xbox One (From Den of Geek. 4 August 2016, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Inside Review (From We Got This Covered. 31 July 2016, 2:02 AM, PDT)