Two big franchises are looking to cast significant supporting roles got the next films in their respective series.
First up, The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Director Marc Webb is looking to cast the new Harry Osborne. Originally the part called for a muscular jock type of guy, but now they’re looking for someone a little more “dark and edgy”.
and Alden Ehrenreich
Who do you think can replace James Franco? I always preferred Franco’s performance as Osbourne to Maquire’s as Peter Parker. I think Franco’s a more natural actor and as a character Harry had more time to build up to his ultimate conclusion.
Thanks to Lr reader Dan Cordwell for head on this, and for the pics.
Next up is Transformers 4.
- Philip Sticco
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- TV on Tap: Josh Duhamel Will Time Travel With James Franco On Hulu, “The Daily Show” Isn’t Losing More Correspondents And “The Muppets” Promise Full Frontal Nudity (From The Backlot. 28 July 2015, 5:38 AM, PDT)
- Josh Duhamel Books Role on Hulu's '11/22/63' (From Moviefone. 27 July 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Eminem's Caitlyn Jenner verse is just another brick in the wall (From Hitfix. 26 July 2015, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- 'Transformers 5' Gets 'Spider-Man' and 'I Am Legend' Writers (From MovieWeb. 30 July 2015, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Brie Larson Breaks Free In The First Trailer For Lenny Abrahamson's ‘Room’ (From The Playlist. 30 July 2015, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for Michael Bay's 13 Hours Benghazi Thriller (From Worst Previews. 29 July 2015, 10:48 PM, PDT)
Mark Wahlberg (I)
- Amanda's Charitable New 'Do (From Access Hollywood. 30 July 2015, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Transformers 5 Announces Writing Team (From Cinelinx. 30 July 2015, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- Sean Malone, ‘The Fighter’ Actor, Dies at 54 in Drowning Accident (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2015, 9:22 AM, PDT)