After raking in just under $700 million worldwide with Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, producer-star Tom Cruise's action franchise is bigger than ever. Paramount and Skydance Productions are currently putting together Mission: Impossible 5, with writer-director Christopher McQuarrie considered the top choice to direct the sequel.
Tom Cruise has been working with Christopher McQuarrie more and more ever since the 2008 historical drama Valkyrie, which Christopher McQuarrie wrote. Tom Cruise stars in the upcoming Jack Reacher, which Christopher McQuarrie wrote and directed. The filmmaker has also provided uncredited rewrites for Tom Cruise vehicles such as All You Need Is Kill and Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol.
Tom Cruise is producing the sequel alongside J.J. Abrams. Nothing will be fully official until Paramount and Skydance bring writers on board to craft the screenplay. It isn't known when the studio plans on getting production started at this time.
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tom Cruise Battles Princess Ahmanet In New Clip From The Mummy (From We Got This Covered. 27 May 2017, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean': The Diminishing Returns of Johnny Depp (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 27 May 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Mindy Kaling Has Some Thoughts on Hugh Jackman’s Career — The Week in Showrunner Tweets (From Indiewire. 27 May 2017, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Big Snoke Mystery Won't Unravel Until Star Wars 9? (From MovieWeb. 26 May 2017, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Was Joss Whedon Working On Justice League Prior To Zack Snyder's Family Tragedy? (From LRM Online. 26 May 2017, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- 5 Cult TV Shows That Deserve A Reboot (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017: Un Certain Regard winners revealed (From ScreenDaily. 27 May 2017, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- How Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Wind River’ Won an Award at Cannes (From Thompson on Hollywood. 27 May 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- How Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Wind River’ Won an Award at Cannes (From Indiewire. 27 May 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)