It didn’t take long for A-list talent to start circling Candy Store, a crime-thriller from writer-director Stephen Gaghan. Over the past decade, the Oscar-winner has done script doctoring on such projects as Rules of Engagement, The Alamo and M. Night Shyamalan’s After Earth. However, Gaghan earned both his screenwriter reputation and Academy Award for an exposé on the American drug war in director Steven Soderbergh’s Traffic (not to mention, his examination of the international oil industry in Syrianna, which Gaghan also helmed).
Reports are in that Candy Store has officially landed its first big-name actor to star – though, you might be surprised to learn it’s Chris Hemsworth, seeing how he just passed on a hefty payday to star in American Assassin (due to his schedule already being jam-packed).
Hemsworth is currently appearing in Game ...
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsChris Hemsworth
- Marvel Debuts New Trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron (From PEOPLE.com. 4 March 2015, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Fandango Launching ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Pre-Sales (From Variety - Film News. 4 March 2015, 11:25 AM, PST)
- 'Avengers' Trailer: 5 Omg Moments! (From Access Hollywood. 4 March 2015, 11:16 AM, PST)
- In the Age of Auteur Television, What Does It Mean to Be a Director? (From Indiewire Television. 2 March 2015, 8:54 AM, PST)
- The Boy Next Door Review (From Den of Geek. 1 March 2015, 4:09 PM, PST)
- New Focus Movie Received Mixed Reviews From Major Critics (From OnTheFlix. 28 February 2015, 12:11 PM, PST)
M. Night Shyamalan
- Smith to Have One of His Worst Domestic Openings Ever: 'Focus' (From Alt Film Guide. 1 March 2015, 1:58 AM, PST)
- Exclusive Interview With Jason Blum On The Lazarus Effect (From We Got This Covered. 26 February 2015, 2:09 PM, PST)
- ’12 Years a Slave’ Scribe John Ridley Sets Daring Sights on TV With ‘American Crime’ (From Variety - TV News. 25 February 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)