The Us in Progress market begins tomorrow. I fly to Wroclaw, Poland, in a few hours. Translation: I am frantically packing, burning DVDs, and researching European distribution companies.
An Introduction: I’m a longtime film worker and first-time filmmaker. I’m in the final stages of finishing my first feature. I’m 33 years old, I have two daughters, and I live in central Pennsylvania. For over 12 years I have been a full-time alchemist attempting to fuse well-rounded family life with a career in film. This is an uncertain science and the results have been inconclusive. But A Song Still Inside, my current project, is my most dedicated experiment to date, one that served as an accelerant in my own experience as an ambitious filmmaker, father, and partner.
Assi, so says our tagline, is about a stay-at-home father struggling in the shadow of his wife’s success. That’s mostly true. »
- Gregory Collins
Similar News ItemsRodrigo Lopresti
- Watch Grzegorz Jonkajtys' stunning dystopian short The 3rd Letter! (From QuietEarth. 11 February 2011, 11:09 AM, PST)
- The Microbudget Conversation: Films Too Small To Fail (From Filmmaker Magazine. 20 January 2011, 6:08 AM, PST)
- Mifff 2010 announces lineup, runs this weeekend! (From QuietEarth. 15 September 2010, 4:29 PM, PDT)
A Song Still Inside (2013)
- Festival Focus: American Film Festival in Wrocław and U.S. in Progress Projects (From Sydney's Buzz. 26 October 2013, 2:00 PM, PDT)
Patricia Beaury (I)
- 6 U.S. Indies in Post Chosen for U.S. in Progress Wrocław, Poland (From Sydney's Buzz. 19 October 2012, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- Poland’s American Film Fest’s Us in Progress Wrocław to Showcase Latest from Matt Porterfield and Lance Edmands (From ioncinema. 17 October 2012, 11:05 PM, PDT)