[From MTV News] J.J. Abrams, Jon Favreau, you name it — if they're a popular director, they're probably rumored for "Star Wars: Episode VII." The rumors and speculation are flying fast and furiously, but from what we hear, it won't be long before the chatter dies down and the facts roll out.
Producer Frank Marshall, whose wife Kathleen Kennedy is the president of Lucasfilm, spoke with MTV News this week and revealed that he knows what's going on with the "Star Wars" director search — but you won't be getting any details out of him.
"I do," Marshall replied when asked if he knew who would be behind the hotly awaited "Star Wars" sequel. "But I can't reveal it, or I won't be alive tomorrow."
For more on what Marshall had to say, head to MTV.com. »
- MTV Staff
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Bail Organa featured in new clip from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 3 December 2016, 3:25 PM, PST)
- ‘Rogue One’: Disney and Lucasfilm Tease 28 Minutes of New Footage of ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff (From Indiewire. 3 December 2016, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Watch the Texas Police Teach Stormtroopers How to Hit a Target (From MovieWeb. 3 December 2016, 10:39 AM, PST)
- Westworld Season Finale Will Be "Insane" According to J.J. Abrams (From LRM Online. 3 December 2016, 11:40 AM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams Teases ”Crazy” 90-Minute ‘Westworld’ Season Finale With An Ominous Clip (From Slash Film. 2 December 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — Natalie Portman (‘Jackie’) (From Scott Feinberg. 1 December 2016, 8:00 PM, PST)
Jon Favreau (I)
- Best Visual Effects Oscar Shortlist Includes Suicide Squad, Rogue One And More (From We Got This Covered. 2 December 2016, 12:37 PM, PST)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Footage Details Reveal Stark Suit Upgrade (From MovieWeb. 2 December 2016, 12:05 PM, PST)
- Spider-Man gets underarm webbing in Spider-Man: Homecoming, new poster teased (From Flickeringmyth. 2 December 2016, 10:10 AM, PST)