One of the greatest moments in the original "Anchorman" movie didn't take place until the very end of the 2004 news spoof when the cast got super funky to the stains of the soft rock staple "Afternoon Delight."
Well, in addition to the return of Ron Burgundy, Brian Fantana, Champ Kind and the irrepressible Brick Tamland, "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" promises more musical enchantments.
Speaking to The Playlist, director/producer/writer Adam McKay said he's already worked up some ear candy treats for the sequel due out next year.
"There will be some music in 'Anchorman 2' though for sure, we have some songs already written," he said. "We were going to do 'Anchorman 2' as a Broadway musical first, for like six months and then go shoot the movie. That was our initial idea." The Will Ferrell/Steve Carell-headlined movie, which has had a difficult path to the big screen, »
- Gil Kaufman
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' Recruits the La Clippers (From MovieWeb. 28 March 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Home’ Rockets Past Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell’s ‘Get Hard’ at Box Office Friday (From The Wrap. 28 March 2015, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Home’ Blasts Off for Massive $59 Million Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2015, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- Waxing Episodic: 'The Office' celebrates 'Diversity Day' (From Hitfix. 27 March 2015, 3:14 PM, PDT)
- Before 'Get Hard,' Ranking 9 Will Ferrell Comedies from Foul to Funny (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 March 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Kendrick Spirit: Jeffrey Blitz Reteams With Rocket Science Thesp for “Table 19″ (From ioncinema. 24 March 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
Adam McKay (I)
- Review: Will Ferrell And Kevin Hart's Offensive 'Get Hard' (From The Playlist. 27 March 2015, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Rumor: Adam McKay set to direct an upcoming Marvel movie (From JoBlo. 27 March 2015, 1:06 AM, PDT)
- The real reason I'm confused by how ugly the 'Get Hard' rape jokes are (From Hitfix. 26 March 2015, 5:45 PM, PDT)