The Dark Knight Rises actor confirms involvement in Spielberg adaptation of Daniel H Wilson's artificial intelligence adventure
The Dark Knight Rises star will take an unspecified part in the adaptation of the bestselling 2011 science fiction novel by Daniel H Wilson. The storyline centres on a near future where domestic robots are commonplace and artificial intelligence is about to become a reality. When Archos, a supremely intelligent AI, achieves self-awareness, he sets about destroying human civilisation in order to preserve Earth's biodiversity.
"If Robopocalypse happens I will be in it," Hathaway told Empire, "and I believe it's quite real, though you never want to hang your hat on anything."
She added: "Whenever I'm taking time off, I always joke to my team that I'm on vacation unless Steven Spielberg calls. And »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Why ‘Wonder Woman’ and ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Should Lead to More Female-Centered Films (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2017, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Film Focus Podcast – Episode 35: War for the Planet of the Apes Review (From The Cultural Post. 23 July 2017, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- Jared Padalecki and Ian Ziering's Kids Had the Best Comic-Con Ever (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 July 2017, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Watch Best Comic-Con Movie Trailers, From ‘Thor’ to ‘Justice League’ (Videos) (From The Wrap. 23 July 2017, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- Horror Haul: Joe Hill Calls ‘It’ One of the Scariest Movies Ever Made; Next ‘Cloverfield’ Movie Delayed (From Collider.com. 23 July 2017, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Harley Quinn Is In Ready Player One??? Plus, More Easter Eggs From Trailer! (From LRM Online. 23 July 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Weekend Box Office Report: July 21-23, 2017 (From JoBlo. 23 July 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ Battles To Top Spot, ‘Valerian’ Flops [Box Office] (From The Playlist. 23 July 2017, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- What Sets Christopher Nolan Apart From Other Blockbuster Directors (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)