The Dark Knight Rises actor confirms involvement in Spielberg adaptation of Daniel H Wilson's artificial intelligence adventure
The Dark Knight Rises star will take an unspecified part in the adaptation of the bestselling 2011 science fiction novel by Daniel H Wilson. The storyline centres on a near future where domestic robots are commonplace and artificial intelligence is about to become a reality. When Archos, a supremely intelligent AI, achieves self-awareness, he sets about destroying human civilisation in order to preserve Earth's biodiversity.
"If Robopocalypse happens I will be in it," Hathaway told Empire, "and I believe it's quite real, though you never want to hang your hat on anything."
She added: "Whenever I'm taking time off, I always joke to my team that I'm on vacation unless Steven Spielberg calls. And »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Here's a First Look at Andy Serkis in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' (From Movies.com. 28 May 2015, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- FX legend and Oscar winner Rick Baker is retiring from the movie business (From JoBlo. 28 May 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Visual Effects Legend Rick Baker is Retiring From Filmmaking (From Slash Film. 28 May 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Find Out How to See 'Jaws' and 'The Terminator' On the Big Screen This Summer (From Movies.com. 28 May 2015, 7:18 PM, PDT)
- Jake Johnson Has A Great Idea For A Brochure In Brand New Jurassic World Clip (From ComicBookMovie. 28 May 2015, 4:21 PM, PDT)
- Jaws Will Celebrate 40th Anniversary With A Special Event You Can Attend (From Cinema Blend. 28 May 2015, 2:49 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- James Holmes References The Dark Knight Rises In Disturbing Diary Entry (From Cinema Blend. 28 May 2015, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- The vehicles of Mad Max: Fury Road get a Lego makeover (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Tilda Swinton in talks to play the Ancient One in Marvel’s Doctor Strange (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2015, 12:20 PM, PDT)