A veteran executive who championed Buffy the Vampire Slayer is taking over MTV’s programming department.
Susanne Daniels has been named president of programming at MTV. She was previously the programming head at the now-defunct WB network, where she oversaw shows like Dawson’s Creek, Smallville and Gilmore Girls. Daniels more recently had a stint running Lifetime where she oversaw Army Wives and Drop Dead Diva. Daniels will oversee all programming for the network, including both scripted and reality shows.
“Susanne’s delivered more breakthrough pop culture hits in one decade than most producers do in their entire lifetimes,” says Van Toffler, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)
- Sr Geek Picks: Best Metroid Cosplay, What the ‘Buffy’ Cast Looks Like Now & More (From Screen Rant. 30 September 2014, 7:11 PM, PDT)
- 10 Buffy & Angel Easter Eggs You Might Have Missed (From Obsessed with Film. 28 September 2014, 4:33 AM, PDT)
- Martha Thomases: It’s A Bird… It’s A Plane… It’s A TV Show! (From Comicmix. 26 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
"Teen Wolf" (2011)
- Paramount Scores Linklater's 'Dazed and Confused' Spiritual Sequel (From Rope Of Silicon. 30 September 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- Annapurna to produce Richard Linklater's 'Dazed' spiritual sequel (From Hitfix. 30 September 2014, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- Dylan O'Brien: 5 Things to Know About The Maze Runner Star (From Us Weekly. 25 September 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)
"Gilmore Girls" (2000)
- The Gilmore Girls Episode to Watch for Every Feeling You've Ever Felt and Will Ever Feel (From E! Online. 1 October 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- StreamFix: 'Gilmore Girls' and 15 Other October Musts (From Hitfix. 30 September 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (Video) (From Moviefone. 30 September 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)