Latest James Bond film enjoys highest ever opening for a 007 movie in the Us, taking an estimated $89m in its first weekend
New James Bond film Skyfall took an estimated $89m (£55m) during its first weekend at the Us box office – the highest ever opening for a 007 movie in the States – and broke the $500m (£314m) mark worldwide.
The higher than expected take for the 23rd Bond film put Skyfall well on course to take the mantle of the highest-grossing instalment in the long-running spy series, ahead of Casino Royale's $594m (£373m) in 2006. Daniel Craig's third outing as Bond remains at the top of the box office across Europe and is also performing well in Brazil, India and Mexico.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Variety Announces 10 Actors to Watch for 2016 (From Variety - Film News. 22 August 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Kidnap’ Trailer: Halle Berry Fights Back After Facing A Mother’s Worst Fear (From Indiewire. 22 August 2016, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Parks and Recreation actor Jim O’Heir joins Steven Soderbergh’s Logan Lucky (From Flickeringmyth. 22 August 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Sam Mendes Closes in On Live-Action James and the Giant Peach (From Filmonic. 26 August 2016, 5:36 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: 'Spectre' Director Touted for Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach' (From Movies.com. 26 August 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 007 Director in Early Talks to Direct Live-Action James and The Giant Peach (From Cinelinx. 26 August 2016, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- New to Streaming: ‘The Nice Guys,’ ‘Weiner,’ ‘No Country for Old Men,’ ‘Meek’s Cutoff,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 12 August 2016, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Daisy Ridley Eyes ‘Chaos Walking,’ ‘James White’ Director Jumps to ‘James Ellis,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 5 August 2016, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Brian Gleeson Joins Soderbergh’s ‘Logan Lucky’ (From Deadline. 4 August 2016, 2:36 PM, PDT)