Another Friday has passed and that means two titles never before released on DVD have been announced by the Scream Factory. You may not remember The Vagrant but odds are you remember The Horror Show and have been wondering if it would ever see the light of day again.
The big title of this week’s Scream Factory announcement is unquestionably The Horror Show, or as it is known in some foreign circles, House III. I never understood how anyone came to the conclusion that film could be released as a third installment of the House franchise, but then I also have never understood how a movie about killer radioactive tree roots could be marketed as Troll 3.
In much the same way Hollywood gave us dueling volcano films (Volcano and Dante’s Peak) and dueling celestial doomsday flicks (Armageddon and Deep Impact), 1989 saw the release of dueling fright flicks about »
Similar News ItemsWes Craven
- Newswire: Long out-of-print horror classic Popcorn comes home in a box this spring (From The AV Club. 19 January 2017, 8:58 AM, PST)
- Wishmaster Blu-ray Collection Coming This March from Lionsgate’s Vestron Video Collector’s Series (From DailyDead. 17 January 2017, 3:13 PM, PST)
- The Driller Killer (From Trailers from Hell. 3 January 2017, 9:54 AM, PST)
Back to the Future (1985)
- The Magicians Season 2 Preview: 'Major' Deaths and Musical Numbers (From TVLine.com. 24 January 2017, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Preview of Back to the Future: Biff to the Future #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 January 2017, 9:50 PM, PST)
- ‘Abstract: The Art of Design’ Review: Great Design Gets the ‘Chef’s Table’ Treatment in Intimate Netflix Series (From Indiewire Television. 21 January 2017, 4:38 PM, PST)
Total Recall (1990)
- Sundance 2017. Correspondences #1 (From MUBI. 22 January 2017, 12:40 AM, PST)
- Ghost in the Shell review – futuristic classic improves with age (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 January 2017, 2:45 PM, PST)
- Great Job, Internet!: Paul Verhoeven’s sci-fi classics remind us how the media normalizes fascism (From The AV Club. 9 January 2017, 12:00 PM, PST)