America’s Best Dance Crew has shaken its last leg.
After enduring seven seasons on MTV (and one PR minefield, when judge/choreographer Shane Sparks was the target of child molestation allegations unrelated to the program), the Randy Jackson-produced dance competition has been cancelled by MTV, Variety reports.
Related | MTV Renews Awkward For Super-Sized Season 3, Cancels Jersey Shore
Abdc — which enjoyed one of the better acronyms of any TV show — opened strong in 2008, averaging 2.7 million weekly viewers and a 2.5 rating in the cabler’s 12-34 target demo. This summer’s Season 7 finale, however, drew barely over a million viewers. »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News ItemsRandy Jackson (II)
- Falling Out of Love with Nintendo (And five things the Nx needs to do to turn that around) (From SoundOnSight. 9 October 2015, 6:29 AM, PDT)
- TheGrill 2015: Former ‘American Idol’ Ep Nigel Lythgoe Reveals Why the Show Had to End (Video) (From The Wrap. 6 October 2015, 6:12 PM, PDT)
- CBS Drops the Hollywood Film Awards: Delivered 4.1 million viewers (From Hollywoodnews.com. 2 October 2015, 9:50 PM, PDT)
- MTV Bringing Back ‘America’s Best Dance Crew’ After Cancellation (From The Wrap. 10 January 2015, 4:00 PM, PST)
- 'Dance Crew' Judge Shane Sparks -- I Believe Wade Robson (From TMZ. 12 May 2013, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- America's Best Dance Crew: Cancelled, No Season Eight (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 November 2012, 9:06 AM, PST)
- David Kohan & Max Mutchnick Set Up Comedy Projects At Showtime And TBS (From Deadline TV. 12 March 2013, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Charisma Carpenter Interview: Passion for The Lying Game Finale, Bands for Beds (From TVfanatic. 12 March 2013, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Briga Heelan Set, Skylar Astin In Talks For The Leads In TBS Pilot ‘Ground Floor’ (From Deadline TV. 8 March 2013, 11:30 AM, PST)