America’s Best Dance Crew has shaken its last leg.
After enduring seven seasons on MTV (and one PR minefield, when judge/choreographer Shane Sparks was the target of child molestation allegations unrelated to the program), the Randy Jackson-produced dance competition has been cancelled by MTV, Variety reports.
Related | MTV Renews Awkward For Super-Sized Season 3, Cancels Jersey Shore
Abdc — which enjoyed one of the better acronyms of any TV show — opened strong in 2008, averaging 2.7 million weekly viewers and a 2.5 rating in the cabler’s 12-34 target demo. This summer’s Season 7 finale, however, drew barely over a million viewers. »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News ItemsRandy Jackson (II)
- Randy Jackson Inks Overall Producing Deal With Endemol Shine North America (From Deadline TV. 27 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Randy Jackson Signs Overall Producing Deal With Endemol Shine North America (From Variety - TV News. 27 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Randy Jackson Signs Development, Producing Deal With Endemol Shine North America (From The Wrap. 27 May 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- MTV Bringing Back ‘America’s Best Dance Crew’ After Cancellation (From The Wrap. 10 January 2015, 4:00 PM, PST)
- 'Dance Crew' Judge Shane Sparks -- I Believe Wade Robson (From TMZ. 12 May 2013, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- America's Best Dance Crew: Cancelled, No Season Eight (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 November 2012, 9:06 AM, PST)
- David Kohan & Max Mutchnick Set Up Comedy Projects At Showtime And TBS (From Deadline TV. 12 March 2013, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Charisma Carpenter Interview: Passion for The Lying Game Finale, Bands for Beds (From TVfanatic. 12 March 2013, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Briga Heelan Set, Skylar Astin In Talks For The Leads In TBS Pilot ‘Ground Floor’ (From Deadline TV. 8 March 2013, 11:30 AM, PST)