Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Watch: Final 'Interstellar' Trailer & Nolan Compares it to 'Close Encounters', 'Right Stuff' and '2001' (From Rope Of Silicon. 1 October 2014, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- The Noteworthy: B&W "Raiders", Erice to Hellman, "Hollywood" by Don Bachardy (From MUBI. 1 October 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Race producers plan to re-team (From ScreenDaily. 1 October 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Angry Birds Movie Takes Flight As Peter Dinklage, Jason Sudeikis & More Join Voice Cast (From We Got This Covered. 1 October 2014, 7:12 AM, PDT)
- Baymax Rises in New Big Hero 6 Trailer (From Beyond Hollywood. 25 September 2014, 6:05 PM, PDT)
- Latest Trailer For Disney’s Big Hero 6 Shines A Light On Baymax (From We Got This Covered. 25 September 2014, 3:12 PM, PDT)