Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- What’s the Bloody ‘300’ Sequel’s Beef With Anti-War Movies? (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2014, 7:40 PM, PDT)
- Lee Hall: Spielberg, Scargill and me (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 March 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Louis Gossett Jr. Joins Extant Cast as Halle Berry's Father (From Dread Central. 10 March 2014, 5:04 PM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Animation Marketing Veteran David Sameth Upped at Disney (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 March 2014, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- Frozen makes $1bn; wins Best Animation and Best Original Song (From Shadowlocked. 4 March 2014, 8:04 AM, PST)
- 'Frozen' Crosses $1 Billion Worldwide (From MovieWeb. 3 March 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)