Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Cannes 2013: Frog, duck meat served to Vidya at lunch (From Bollywood Mantra. 23 May 2013, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Rumor Mill: “Jurassic Park 4″ And “Poltergeist” Remake (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 23 May 2013, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Cannes film festival diary: day nine (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 May 2013, 10:58 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Full Trailer for Marvel's Avengers Assemble (From GeekTyrant. 22 May 2013, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Full trailer for Marvel's Avengers Assemble (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2013, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- More Rules Changes for the 86th Academy Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 21 May 2013, 3:37 PM, PDT)