Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Summer Camp Horror Comedy Cropsey Wants To Be The Next Goonies Or Gremlins (From Cinema Blend. 4 September 2015, 7:29 PM, PDT)
- TNT to Stream Entire Season of Edward Burns’ ‘Public Morals’ Online (From The Wrap. 4 September 2015, 3:52 PM, PDT)
- 'Goonies' Director Plots 'Immersive Theater' Adaptation (From Rolling Stone. 4 September 2015, 10:33 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Ready for a Super Mario Bros reboot? Nintendo to make movies again (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 August 2015, 4:47 AM, PDT)
- Nintendo Movie Adaptations Finally Happening? (From MovieWeb. 22 August 2015, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- 7 New Worlds Perfect for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ (From SoundOnSight. 19 August 2015, 5:39 AM, PDT)