Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Teen Wolf Comic-Con Panel Recap: Jeff Davis and the Cast Discuss the Influence of Steven Spielberg and the Upcoming Season 5 (From Collider.com. 25 July 2014, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Om Puri to be Honored at Special Preview Screening of his new film The Hundred-Foot Journey (From Bollyspice. 25 July 2014, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Hundred-Foot Journey’ Review: Helen Mirren Can Add Only So Much Flavor (From The Wrap. 25 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Iron Man and Captain America make a wager in new 'Heroes United' movie (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 25 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Pac-Man, Donkey Kong Among ’80s Video Game Icons to Appear in Adam Sandler’s ‘Pixels’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2014, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Sony Pictures Confirm Iconic Video Game Characters For Chris Columbus’ ‘Pixels’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)