Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Steven Spielberg -- If Only I Would Have Kept that House ... (From TMZ. 7 February 2016, 12:40 AM, PST)
- Oscar’S Year Of Visual Effects, and The Art Of Seeing And Believing (From Trailers from Hell. 6 February 2016, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Get An In-Depth Look At The Making Of Jurassic World With These Four Extensive VFX Breakdowns (From ComicBookMovie. 6 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Watch the Hilarious New 'Zootopia' International Trailer (From Movies.com. 1 February 2016, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Watch the Hilarious New 'Zootopia' International Trailer (From Fandango. 1 February 2016, 6:16 AM, PST)
- 10 underrated Nickelodeon characters who belong in the '90s NickToon movie (From Hitfix. 28 January 2016, 4:26 PM, PST)