Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Steven Spielberg's Mother Leah Adler Dies at 97 (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 February 2017, 6:54 PM, PST)
- Lineup for the Suncoast Credit Union Gasparilla International Film Festival (From LRM Online. 22 February 2017, 2:50 PM, PST)
- Meet the Sound Mixer Nominated for an Oscar 21 Times with No Wins — Will This Be His Year? (From PEOPLE.com. 22 February 2017, 2:04 PM, PST)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi to include IMAX sequences, Disney and IMAX renew deal through 2019 (From Flickeringmyth. 22 February 2017, 3:40 PM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker Scenes Were Shot in IMAX (From MovieWeb. 22 February 2017, 11:17 AM, PST)
- Some of Star Wars: The Last Jedi was shot in IMAX (From The Hollywood News. 22 February 2017, 6:54 AM, PST)