Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Minority Report TV show in the works with Steven Spielberg (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 August 2014, 2:19 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg to Turn Minority Report Into a TV Series (From Worst Previews. 22 August 2014, 2:01 AM, PDT)
- U.K.’s Channel 4 Detonates North Korean Thriller ‘Opposite Number’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 August 2014, 1:31 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Disneynature: Bears (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (From Scorecard Review. 18 August 2014, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Robin Williams In First Clip For ‘A Merry Friggin’ Christmas’ (From The Hollywood News. 18 August 2014, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- 10 Things Only Disney Infinity Fans Will Understand (From Obsessed with Film. 18 August 2014, 12:51 AM, PDT)