Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- The Excellent ‘Stranger Things’ Score Will Be Getting An Official Release, Plus Listen To Spotify Playlist Of Soundtrack Songs (From The Playlist. 28 July 2016, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Venice Film Festival Lineup Includes Mel Gibson, Tom Ford, Terrence Malick Movies (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2016, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Have Secret Cinema just revealed their next two big productions? (From The Hollywood News. 28 July 2016, 12:17 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Finding Dory: Andrew Stanton and Lindsey Collins interview (From Den of Geek. 27 July 2016, 1:44 AM, PDT)
- Introducing the Cast of Disney's Moana (From Cinelinx. 26 July 2016, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- Full Voice Cast For Moana Reveals Roles For Alan Tudyk, Rachel House And Nicole Scherzinger (From We Got This Covered. 26 July 2016, 8:07 AM, PDT)