Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ‘Bridge Of Spies’ Review: Spielberg, Hanks & The Coen Brothers Team For Landmark Cold War Thriller (From Deadline. 6 October 2015, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Will Steven Spielberg make Oscar history with 'Bridge of Spies?' (From Gold Derby. 6 October 2015, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Bridge Of Spies Was Almost Made In 1965, Would Have Starred These Film Icons (From Cinema Blend. 6 October 2015, 12:55 PM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- October VOD Releases Include Deathgasm, The Final Girls, Bone Tomahawk (From DailyDead. 1 October 2015, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Clip from Gravy Samples the Manager’s Special (From DailyDead. 1 October 2015, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Colin Trevorrow Working On The Book of Henry (From AreYouScreening. 29 September 2015, 3:15 PM, PDT)