Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- See Reddit users’ favorite movie from each year (From SoundOnSight. 2 September 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Arcades in Movies and Steven Spielberg’s Arcade Game Collection (From Slash Film. 2 September 2014, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- North Korea Condemns U.K. TV Series as ‘Despicable Burlesque’ (From Variety - TV News. 1 September 2014, 10:05 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- 'Big Hero 6' and 'Tomorrowland' Announced for New York Comic Con (From MovieWeb. 2 September 2014, 2:42 PM, PDT)
- Can indie cartoon 'Hullabaloo' give new steam to hand-drawn animation? -- Exclusive Q&A (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 2 September 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Disney classics heading back to the big screen (From Flickeringmyth. 29 August 2014, 4:11 AM, PDT)