Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- 'Poltergeist' Poster: This Clown Will Scare You! (From MovieWeb. 31 March 2015, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- 8 Unmade Steven Spielberg Films (From SoundOnSight. 31 March 2015, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- 'Jurassic World' Director Colin Trevorrow Lands Hush-Hush Next Project (From Thompson on Hollywood. 31 March 2015, 10:32 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- 7 alternative Disney Princesses from Star Wars, Pretty Woman and more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 March 2015, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Alan Tudyk Talks ‘Con Man’ And ‘Firefly’ (From The Hollywood News. 25 March 2015, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Watch the First 'Pixels' Trailer: Adam Sandler Wants to Kill Beloved Video Game Characters (From Movies.com. 18 March 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)