Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Two Tyler Perry Movies Get 2018 Release Dates (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Coon Joins Steve McQueen's Heist Thriller 'Widows' (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 June 2017, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Tyler Perry's Taraji P. Henson Movie Gets Easter Release (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 June 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- How Disney and Pixar’s Animated Box Office Reign Could be Dethroned by Universal’s Minions (From Indiewire. 15 June 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- The big blockbusters of summer 2018 (From Den of Geek. 8 May 2017, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Disney Schedules Release Dates for 'Star Wars' Films, 'Frozen 2' (From Rolling Stone. 25 April 2017, 5:09 PM, PDT)