Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- DreamWorks Nears Rich Financing Deal With Participant Media (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 April 2015, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Veterans Wallach and Coppola - Godfather 3 in Common - Are Special Oscar Honorees (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp | Review (From Boomtron. 24 April 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Today in Movie Culture: Ian McKellen's 'Beauty and the Beast' Report, the Latest in Movie Theater Gimmicks and More (From Movies.com. 15 April 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Forget Frozen, The Rock Will Lead Disney's Next Big Musical Adventure (From Cinema Blend. 2 April 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Big Hero 6 Blu-ray Review (From Collider.com. 2 April 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)