Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Comedian Jack Carter Dies at 93 (From Variety - TV News. 29 June 2015, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Comedian Jack Carter Dies at 93 (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2015, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Watch: 40th Anniversary Tribute Video For Steven Spielberg's 'Jaws' Has Some Bite (From The Playlist. 29 June 2015, 2:41 PM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Oscar News: 322 Invited To Join; The Academy Museum Receives Approval (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 June 2015, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Kevin Hart, Emma Stone and 319 others invited to vote for Oscar (From Hitfix. 26 June 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Academy Invites Record 322 New Members in Push for More Oscar Diversity (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2015, 10:59 AM, PDT)