Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- 'Jaws' Heading Back to Theaters for 40th Anniversary (From Rolling Stone. 29 May 2015, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- Watch: 2 Clips And TV Spot From 'Jurassic World' Deal With A Deadly Dinosaur (From The Playlist. 29 May 2015, 6:25 AM, PDT)
- Aamir Khan: I will be happy to do a foreign film (From GlamSham. 28 May 2015, 11:25 PM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- The best feel-good films and TV on Netflix (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 May 2015, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Watch: The New 'Pixels' Trailer Kills a Smurf and Battles Donkey Kong (From Movies.com. 19 May 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Two, Count 'Em, Two Colorful New Trailers for 'Pixels' (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 May 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)