Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Watch: Steven Soderbergh Recuts 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' with Some Radical New Changes (From Movies.com. 23 September 2014, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- Watch Steven Soderbergh’s black and white Indiana Jones edit (From SoundOnSight. 23 September 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Nyff’s Secret Screening: what could it be? (From Hollywoodnews.com. 23 September 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- 'Avengers Assemble' Season 2 Preview and Poster (From MovieWeb. 23 September 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- New poster for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- 20th Century Fox TV Ups Grant Gish to Animation VP (From Variety - TV News. 15 September 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)