Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – December 9th 2013 (From HeyUGuys. 9 December 2013, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Christian Bale: pressure as a child formed 'love/hate' relationship with acting (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 December 2013, 1:12 AM, PST)
- Q&A: James Wan, director of The Conjuring (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 2:15 PM, PST)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Now Streaming: Netflix Instant Alternatives To Frozen, Oldboy And Inside Llewyn Davis (From Cinema Blend. 6 December 2013, 4:55 AM, PST)
- Zombie Aubrey Plaza Stars In New Stills From ‘Life After Beth’ (From The Hollywood News. 5 December 2013, 11:09 AM, PST)
- Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee interview: on making Frozen (From Den of Geek. 5 December 2013, 5:50 AM, PST)