Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- First Look: Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg's Cold War Thriller (From Worst Previews. 19 December 2014, 2:48 AM, PST)
- Jurassic World: director Colin Trevorrow on his dinosaurs (From Den of Geek. 18 December 2014, 11:01 PM, PST)
- First Image From Steven Spielberg's Untitled Cold War Drama (From TheMovieBit. 18 December 2014, 5:54 PM, PST)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Director Shawn Levy talks Night at the Museum – Fmtv Exclusive (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 8:58 AM, PST)
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb press conference with Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Dan Stevens, Rebel Wilson and more – Flickering Myth Podcast (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 2:48 AM, PST)
- Pac-Man, Space Invaders and more are unleashed in these posters for Pixels (From JoBlo. 16 December 2014, 3:10 AM, PST)