Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- 'The Last Starfighter' Remake Eyed by 'Star Wars' Writer (From MovieWeb. 28 February 2015, 2:08 PM, PST)
- New Dinosaur Designs Revealed On Official Jurassic World Website (From ComicBookMovie. 28 February 2015, 4:31 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: 'Birdman' Wins Best Picture, Pee-wee Herman Gets a 'Big Holiday' at Netflix and More (From Movies.com. 28 February 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- “Frozen Fever”: New Trailer Now (From Hollywoodnews.com. 25 February 2015, 9:38 AM, PST)
- Big Hero 6 Has Landed On Blu-ray Combo Pack Plus Posters And Bonus Clips (From ComicBookMovie. 24 February 2015, 1:32 PM, PST)
- It's A Shame The Academy Still Doesn't Respect Animation (From Cinelinx. 23 February 2015, 12:16 PM, PST)