Forget that old license to kill stuff, because "Skyfall" opened at the box office this weekend and it has something even cooler: A license to print money. And it did just that, wrangling up a colossal $87.8 million in its opening weekend according to Film.com.
Last week's winner, "Wreck-It Ralph," also performed well, landing in second place with another $33 million in the bank. But it was "Skyfall" that dominated box the box office and the headlines, as its international total neared a half billion dollars already.
For a full rundown of the weekend's box office, including numbers for returning hits "Argo" and "Flight" as well as Steven Spielberg's historical epic "Lincoln," head to Film.com.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Here's what Michael Bay and 'Transformers' learned from TV (From Hitfix. 28 July 2015, 4:47 PM, PDT)
- Watch: 16-Minute Visual Study Of 'A.I. Artificial Intelligence' (From The Playlist. 28 July 2015, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- 9 Insane Movie Theories That Actually Make Sense (From Obsessed with Film. 28 July 2015, 9:02 AM, PDT)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- 'Pixels' Bombs: Is It Game Over for Adam Sandler? (From Moviefone. 26 July 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Video of the Day: Watch a supercut of video game movies (From SoundOnSight. 24 July 2015, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- Seven Movies That Could Break the Video Game Movie Curse (From Slash Film. 24 July 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)