Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William Windsor
- Us Airways Pilot Heroically Lands Plane After Landing Gear Fails (From HollywoodLife. 18 May 2013, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Kate Middleton Keeps It Comfortable in Sneakers During a Rainy Shopping Trip (From Popsugar. 17 May 2013, 3:27 PM, PDT)
- Prince William Will Likely Be In Delivery Room With Kate Middleton (From HollywoodLife. 17 May 2013, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Worldview Boards ‘Blonde’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 May 2013, 5:16 AM, PDT)
- Worldview Entertainment Options Marilyn Monroe Biopic, Blonde, From Director Andrew Dominik (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 8 More Myths About Classic Movies You’ll Be Shocked To Hear Are False (From Obsessed with Film. 16 May 2013, 9:47 PM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- Selfish Giant director becomes toast of Cannes (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 May 2013, 3:52 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘The Selfish Giant’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 May 2013, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: Scarlett Johansson to Make Directorial Debut; Hayden Christenson Launches Production Company (From The Wrap. 16 May 2013, 9:27 AM, PDT)