Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William Windsor
- Tracy Morgan Settles With Walmart After Accident (From Popsugar. 28 May 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Prince William Thinks Prince George Is Still Too Young to Attend a Soccer Game! (From E! Online. 28 May 2015, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Prince Harry Finally Meets Princess Charlotte, His Baby Niece and 2nd Royal Baby (From E! Online. 24 May 2015, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Smash goes from TV flop to the hottest ticket on Broadway (From The Guardian - TV News. 28 May 2015, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Smash’s Live ‘Bombshell’ Concert Adds Jeremy Jordan, Jaime Cepero & More (From TVovermind.com. 28 May 2015, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian Marilyn Monroe pose - Fail? (From National Ledger. 28 May 2015, 12:26 AM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- Thursday’s best TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 May 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Love & Mercy': Bill Pohlad Takes on Beach Boys Icon Brian Wilson’s Tortured Past (From Variety - Film News. 26 May 2015, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Her Anniversary With New, Gorgeous Wedding Snaps (From Popsugar. 25 May 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)