Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William Windsor
- 10 Things About... Great British Bake Off judge Mary Berry (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 August 2014, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- Kate Middleton Loves Sales! Duchess Makes Surprise Shopping Trip to Outlet Mall, Goes Incognito (From E! Online. 14 August 2014, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- Princess Beatrice Is "Excited" to See Prince George Grow Up, Says Queen Elizabeth Is Her Role Model (From E! Online. 12 August 2014, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- Bad Celebrity Bleach Moments, Male Edition (From VH1.com. 19 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch Fmtv Movie Myths – Was Marilyn Monroe really a size 16!? (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Debbie Reynolds To Be Honored With 2014 SAG Life Achievement Award (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 August 2014, 10:17 AM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- Mack Bolan Acquired By Warner Bros. As Star Vehicle For Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips May Direct (From We Got This Covered. 19 August 2014, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Bradley Cooper to Star in Mack Bolan Movie; The Hangover’s Todd Phillips to Direct (From HeyUGuys. 19 August 2014, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Toronto unveils Discovery, Mavericks (From ScreenDaily. 19 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)