Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William (I)
- Prince William and Kate Middleton, 6 Years Later: What's Different, What Stayed the Same and What's About to Change (From E! Online. 29 April 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Look Back at All the Best Photos From Kate and Will's Royal Wedding (From Popsugar. 28 April 2017, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Remember the Flower Girl Who Stole Will and Kate’s Wedding? Find Out Where She Is Now! (From PEOPLE.com. 28 April 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘American Gods’: Neil Gaiman’s Guide to The Show’s Incredible Cast (From Indiewire Television. 28 April 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- ‘American Gods’: Neil Gaiman’s Guide to The Show’s Incredible Cast (From Indiewire. 28 April 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- American Gods: Bryan Fuller interview (From Den of Geek. 27 April 2017, 2:39 AM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- Guerrilla's John Ridley: 'As Three Kings went through the system, George Clooney was unblackified' (From The Guardian - TV News. 28 April 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Laura Dern in the Mix for Film Academy President (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 28 April 2017, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- 16 Facts About Kim and Kanye's Wedding That Will Leave You Dumbfounded (From Popsugar. 26 April 2017, 11:20 AM, PDT)