Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William Windsor
- Kate Middleton's Latest Quote About Prince George Will Make You Giggle (From Popsugar. 27 July 2015, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Kate Middleton Reveals Prince George Thinks He's Older Than He Actually Is! (From E! Online. 27 July 2015, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals That Prince George Was Their Kardashian Kids Inspiration, Because Naturally (From Us Weekly. 27 July 2015, 4:08 AM, PDT)
- Sheer Perfection: A Brief History of the Naked Dress on the Red Carpet (From E! Online. 27 July 2015, 7:23 PM, PDT)
- Cara Delevingne Has a Wardrobe Malfunction, Flashes Butt in Parking Lot—See Pics! (From E! Online. 26 July 2015, 8:19 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez Instagrams Adorable Throwback Pic in Spirit of 46th Birthday (From E! Online. 24 July 2015, 4:48 PM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- 50th Karlovy Vary: An interview with Mark Cousins (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2015, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Kanye West and Steve McQueen Spill Secrets of Their Lacma Video (From Thompson on Hollywood. 27 July 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Kanye West, Steve McQueen’s Short Film for ‘All Day/I Feel Like That’ Is Here (From Vulture. 26 July 2015, 8:34 PM, PDT)