Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William Windsor
- Prince William and Prince Harry Attend Separate Military Ceremonies Before Kate Middleton Gives Birth (From E! Online. 25 April 2015, 2:47 PM, PDT)
- Prince William Commemorates Anzac Day As Kate Middleton Prepares to Give Birth to Second Royal Baby (From Us Weekly. 25 April 2015, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Everything You Need to Know About the New Royal Baby (From Popsugar. 24 April 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Veterans Wallach and Coppola - Godfather 3 in Common - Are Special Oscar Honorees (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Rescheduled! – Tab Hunter Confidential – The QFest St. Louis Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 April 2015, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- Can you identify the Doctor Who characters in Sgt Pepper homage? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 April 2015, 10:57 AM, PDT)
Steve McQueen (III)
- 'The Water Diviner' (2015) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 April 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Actors and Directors Talk Collaborating + Actors on Acting + Directors on Directing in New 'Self Portrait' Series (From ShadowAndAct. 21 April 2015, 6:48 AM, PDT)
- Watch: From Tarantino to Cronenberg, Great Directors Talk the Art and Anxiety of Filmmaking (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 April 2015, 7:01 AM, PDT)