Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William Windsor
- Prince William Exudes James Bond Levels of Handsome at the Tusk Conservation Awards (From Popsugar. 25 November 2015, 7:38 AM, PST)
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Have a Royal Rock-Climbing Date (From Popsugar. 20 November 2015, 11:40 AM, PST)
- Kate Middleton Re-Creates Her Cute Childhood Rock Climbing Photo (From Popsugar. 20 November 2015, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Doctor Who series 9: geeky spots in Face The Raven (From Den of Geek. 21 November 2015, 11:34 AM, PST)
- Kangana sports short hair for Director Vishal Bhardwaj’s Rangoon (From Bollyspice. 20 November 2015, 3:43 AM, PST)
- Marilyn, Betty and Lauren How To Marry A Millionaire – Saturday Morning at The Hi-Pointe Theater (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 November 2015, 6:21 PM, PST)
Steve McQueen (III)
- 2016 Sundance Film Festival Predictions: Chadd Harbold’s Long Nights Short Mornings (From ioncinema. 25 November 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Chiwetel Ejiofor to Be Honored at British Independent Film Awards (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 4:17 AM, PST)
- Chiwetel Ejiofor to receive honorary Bifa (From ScreenDaily. 24 November 2015, 2:58 AM, PST)