Julien's Auctions said the price for the blue and white pinafore the actor wore throughout the 1939 film was in line with estimates.
But it was well below the figures paid last year for costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and a similar dress worn during tests for The Wizard of Oz, which fetched $910,000 in 2011. Auctioneer Darren Julien said the difference in price was due to the fact fewer versions of the test dress were made.
The buyer of the Garland dress, made by MGM costume designer Adrian, has not been identified.
Similar News ItemsPrince William (I)
- How Princess Kate Is Changing the Way People Talk About Mental Health (From PEOPLE.com. 24 February 2017, 11:51 AM, PST)
- Prince William’s Surprising British Lgbt Awards Nomination! (From PEOPLE.com. 23 February 2017, 8:31 AM, PST)
- The Easy Way Princess Kate Updated Her 5-Year-Old Skirt Suit (From PEOPLE.com. 22 February 2017, 8:13 AM, PST)
- Dove Cameron and The Disney Channel Playbook for Young Females (From TVovermind.com. 23 February 2017, 6:30 PM, PST)
- Dove Cameron Channels Marilyn Monroe in Her Sexiest Photo Shoot Yet (From E! Online. 23 February 2017, 11:49 AM, PST)
- Check out: Huma Qureshi gives classic Hollywood vibes on The Wedding Affair cover (From BollywoodHungama. 22 February 2017, 9:22 PM, PST)
Steve McQueen (III)
- Daniel Kaluuya to Star in Steve McQueen Heist Thriller ‘Widows’ (From The Wrap. 24 February 2017, 5:38 PM, PST)
- ‘Get Out’ Star Daniel Kaluuya Joins Viola Davis in Steve McQueen Heist Movie ‘Widows’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 February 2017, 5:34 PM, PST)
- 'Get Out' Star Daniel Kaluuya Joins Steve McQueen's 'Widows' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 24 February 2017, 5:30 PM, PST)