Review by Barbara SnitzerIt took a little time for me to warm up to this very funny, enjoyable Italian comedy. Not only does Italian star Ficarra (Salvo) look a lot like Roberto Benigni, but he has the same broad, manic comic energy that I personally don’t find funny at all. This looked like a comedy, but I wasn’t expecting funny.
The creative director of the St. Louis International Film Festival, Chris Clark, who knows that I’m Le Movie Snob, assured me this movie was funny. Knowing his taste, and knowing that he knows mine, I feel guilty for admitting my doubt. Ti prego di perdonarmi.
Like the average American who doesn’t have the instinct for when pasta is al dente, it soon reached the perfect temperature.
Yes, it’s a broad comedy, with contrived romantic entanglements. But the situations and dialogue are laugh-out-loud hysterical. Pay special »
- Movie Geeks
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- 'Fading Gigolo': John Turturro, Woody Allen on Display (Poster) (From Moviefone. 7 March 2014, 3:30 AM, PST)
- Exclusive Interview: Lloyd Kaufman Heads Back to 'Nuke 'Em High' (From FEARnet. 6 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- New clip from 'Fading Gigolo' (From Upcoming-Movies.com. 6 March 2014, 8:33 AM, PST)
- Italy, but not Vatican, Celebrates Academy Award for 'The Great Beauty' (From Hitfix. 3 March 2014, 9:48 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2014: Slave wins Best Picture (From ScreenDaily. 3 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2014: 12 Years a Slave wins Best Picture (From ScreenDaily. 3 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
Animal House (1978)
- Oscars 2014: Bill Murray pays touching tribute to Harold Ramis (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 2 March 2014, 8:12 PM, PST)
- Harold Ramis: Bill Murray pays tribute to Ghostbusters star at 2014 Oscars (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 March 2014, 7:43 PM, PST)
- Deadline’s Oscars Blog: ‘12 Years A Slave’, ‘Gravity’ And Boredom Reign Supreme (From Deadline New York. 2 March 2014, 5:30 PM, PST)