Commenting on the Critics with Simon Columb...
"It used to be that the movie created the brand, which is exactly how George Lucas built his empire. Now the brand creates the movie. And it used to be that all the merchandise was ancillary to the movie. Now the movie is ancillary to the merchandise. The holy grail of Hollywood has always been trying to find a way to make movies that sell themselves without the movies necessarily having to be any good. With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm, Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need imagination or art. All you need is a brand."
Read the full article here.
Unfortunately, Gabler is right on many levels. Branding - or using Ep »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Sam Neill Knows Why Alan Grant Isn't in Jurassic World 2 (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2016, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- ‘My Best Friend’s Birthday’: Watch Quentin Tarantino’s First Film — or What’s Left of It (From Indiewire. 25 September 2016, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks Make a Case for Star Power (From Variety - Film News. 25 September 2016, 12:03 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- FX series Taboo starring Tom Hardy releases new trailer (From JoBlo. 23 September 2016, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Lucasfilm releases part three of its Rogue One: A Star Wars Story stop motion animated series Go Rogue (From Flickeringmyth. 17 September 2016, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- New international posters for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 16 September 2016, 4:40 AM, PDT)
- Bumblebee, Hot Rod Spotted in Transformers 5 London Set Photos (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2016, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Do These Leaked Wonder Woman Photos Hint At An Upcoming Trailer? (From LatinoReview. 25 September 2016, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- Jurassic World 2: Sam Neill Doesn't Think Alan Grant Will Be Returning Anytime Soon...Or Ever (From LatinoReview. 25 September 2016, 10:49 AM, PDT)