Jason Reitman’s staged live-readings of famous movie scripts has become a must-see Los Angeles event, but the next one will pay tribute to the big city on the opposite coast.
Woody Allen’s Manhattan, the 1979 story of a New Yorker who falls in love with his best friend’s mistress, will be the next film recreated by Reitman at the Film Independent event, set for Nov. 15 at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
“From the onset of the Live-Read series, we wanted to hit all the major writers and Woody Allen is simply one of the greatest screenwriters of all time, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Television Academy Lauds Casting Director Marion Dougherty with Governors Award (From Variety - TV News. 31 July 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: SNL Alum Visits B99, Scandal, CSI Castings and More (From TVLine.com. 31 July 2014, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- ‘Garfunkel & Oates’ Test Whether Men Prefer Women Who Don't Speak (Video) (From The Wrap. 31 July 2014, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- Jodie Foster And George Clooney Look To Cash In With Money Monster (From Cinema Blend. 31 July 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Wrote Love Letters to Each Other (From Entertainment Tonight. 31 July 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: ‘Sharknado 2′ Writer on Celebrity Cameos, Misunderstood Sharks (From Variety - TV News. 30 July 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" Is the Delicious Gateway Drug to a Larger Marvel Universe (From JustPressPlay. 31 July 2014, 9:38 PM, PDT)
- Shawshank and Green Mile Filmmaker to Direct - and Write? - Swath Prequel (From Alt Film Guide. 31 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' International Banner Reunites the Team (From MovieWeb. 31 July 2014, 5:17 PM, PDT)