Director Sam Mendes's critically acclaimed 007 adventure is on course to become the highest grossing Bond movie of all time
Skyfall, the highly acclaimed latest entry in the James Bond series, has become the biggest film of 2012 at the UK box office within just two weeks of release.
The 23rd 007 adventure, timed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the series and directed by Oscar-winner Sam Mendes, has now racked up more than £57m to surpass incumbent The Dark Knight Rises. The figure also makes it the highest grossing Bond film of all time in the UK, ahead of Casino Royale's £55.6m in 2006.
"We are thrilled and proud to reach this box-office landmark in record time, and are delighted that UK audiences continue to enjoy Skyfall," said Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of Bond production company Eon. Skyfall opens in the Us this weekend, where it is likely to take another $70m, »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Rumour: Major Original Trilogy cameos for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story reportedly revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2016, 11:30 PM, PST)
- Gareth Edwards would like to see an Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars spinoff movie (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2016, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story gets another clip and new TV spots, including a Star Wars Rebels Easter egg (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2016, 3:42 AM, PST)
- Ambi Forms Branding Division With ‘Donnie Darko’ Merchandise (From Variety - Film News. 1 December 2016, 6:44 PM, PST)
- Bifa Honoree Naomie Harris on ‘Moonlight,’ Bond, Artistic Responsibility (From Variety - Film News. 30 November 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Interview: Naomie Harris, from Moneypenny to ‘Moonlight’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 13 November 2016, 5:15 PM, PST)
Sam Mendes (I)
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast Episode #5: China’s Play In The Hollywood Game (From Deadline. 6 December 2016, 9:46 AM, PST)
- Bart & Fleming: Gay Talese Blames Jason Blum For ‘Voyeur’s Motel’ Implosion & Blum Stoically Exits Documentary (From Deadline. 30 November 2016, 1:04 PM, PST)
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast Episode #4: Fact-Based Films Dominating Awards Season (From Deadline. 29 November 2016, 9:04 AM, PST)