Director Sam Mendes's critically acclaimed 007 adventure is on course to become the highest grossing Bond movie of all time
Skyfall, the highly acclaimed latest entry in the James Bond series, has become the biggest film of 2012 at the UK box office within just two weeks of release.
The 23rd 007 adventure, timed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the series and directed by Oscar-winner Sam Mendes, has now racked up more than £57m to surpass incumbent The Dark Knight Rises. The figure also makes it the highest grossing Bond film of all time in the UK, ahead of Casino Royale's £55.6m in 2006.
"We are thrilled and proud to reach this box-office landmark in record time, and are delighted that UK audiences continue to enjoy Skyfall," said Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of Bond production company Eon. Skyfall opens in the Us this weekend, where it is likely to take another $70m, »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- New image from Mad Max: Fury Road (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:08 AM, PST)
- New Photo from Mad Max: Fury Road (From GeekTyrant. 26 December 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
- 'Catwoman' Gets "Bazaar" (From SneakPeek. 25 December 2014, 5:32 PM, PST)
- First Teaser Video for Penny Dreadful Season 2 (From DailyDead. 26 December 2014, 10:44 AM, PST)
- James Bond movie Skyfall tops Christmas Eve ratings with over 6 million (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 December 2014, 2:23 AM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Wednesday, December 24 - Wall-e, Skyfall (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Idris Elba on Being the Next James Bond: ‘Glad You Think I’ve Got a Shot!’ (Photo) (From The Wrap. 27 December 2014, 3:18 PM, PST)
- Top 5 Stories of 2014 – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Promo Trailer for Penny Dreadful Season 2 (From GeekTyrant. 26 December 2014, 11:08 AM, PST)