To mark the release of A Simple Life directed by Ann Hui on DVD November 19th, we’ve been given three copies to give away.
A moving story of unsung heroism and every day love A Simple Life reunites Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau (House of the Flying Daggers) with his real-life godmother Deanie Ip. The film made a clean sweep in all the major categories at the 31st Hong Kong Film Awards, and has blazed an award-winning trail since its debut at the Venice Film Festival 2011, where Deanie Ip picked up the Best Actress Award.
A Simple Life centres around the moving relationship between an ageing servant and her employer, now a successful film producer. Ah Tao
(Deanie Ip) has served a Hong Kong household for 40 years, and now that most of the family have emigrated to the Us, she remains as the dutiful maid to Roger, the youngest »
Similar News ItemsAndy Lau (I)
- Blind Detective Cannes Midnight Movie by Johnnie To (From Filmofilia. 23 May 2013, 5:51 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013. Dialogues: Johnnie To's "Blind Detective" (From MUBI. 22 May 2013, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013 Review: Tone-Deaf Comic Thriller ‘Blind Detective’ Falls Flat (From FilmSchoolRejects. 21 May 2013, 8:30 AM, PDT)
Ann Hui (I)
- Roger Ebert Names 'Argo' As The Best Movie Of 2012 (From The Playlist. 27 December 2012, 3:16 PM, PST)
- Notebook Reviews: Peter Chan's "Wu xia" a.k.a "Dragon" (From MUBI. 1 December 2012, 7:40 AM, PST)
- Competition: Win 'A Simple Life' on Blu-ray *closed* (From CineVue. 22 November 2012, 12:47 PM, PST)
- The One Where I Suggest Renting ‘Holy Motors’ and ‘The Master’ But Buying the New ‘Phineas and Ferb’ (From FilmSchoolRejects. 25 February 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Win A Simple Life on Blu-ray (From TheHDRoom. 12 February 2013, 6:18 AM, PST)
- DVD Review: 'A Simple Life' (From CineVue. 19 November 2012, 12:00 AM, PST)