I'm double-posting my review of "Skyfall" to encourage comments, which my main site can't accept.
In this 50th year of the James Bond series, with the disappointing "Quantum of Solace" (2008) still in our minds, "Skyfall" triumphantly reinvents 007 in one of the best Bonds ever made. This is a full-blooded, joyous, intelligent celebration of a beloved cultural icon, with Daniel Craig taking full possession of a role he earlier played well in "Casino Royale," not so well in "Quantum"--although it may not have been entirely his fault. I don't know what I expected in Bond #23, but certainly not an experience this invigorating.
The movie's innovations begin in its first shots, which abandon the familiar stalking silhouettes in the iris lens, and hit the ground running. Bond and another agent are in Istanbul, chasing a man who has stolen a crucial hard drive, and after a chase through city streets (involving »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- ‘Gotham’ Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the Show (From The Wrap. 23 July 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Michael Caine Cast in Vin Diesel's The Last Witch Hunter (From GeekTyrant. 23 July 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: DC Entertainment’s Jim Lee on Batman, Comic-Con and Zack Snyder (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2014, 11:20 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Week in Spandex – The Pre-Comic-Con Edition (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2014, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- New UK poster for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material (From Vulture. 23 July 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- "Bond 24" Films Key Scene In Rome (From Dark Horizons. 23 July 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- 10 Presents Celebrities Might Be Getting Prince George For His Birthday (From VH1.com. 22 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Wish I Was Here' N.Y. Premiere: Zach Braff, Cast on Kickstarter Benefits, Character Draws (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 July 2014, 1:38 PM, PDT)