I'm double-posting my review of "Skyfall" to encourage comments, which my main site can't accept.
In this 50th year of the James Bond series, with the disappointing "Quantum of Solace" (2008) still in our minds, "Skyfall" triumphantly reinvents 007 in one of the best Bonds ever made. This is a full-blooded, joyous, intelligent celebration of a beloved cultural icon, with Daniel Craig taking full possession of a role he earlier played well in "Casino Royale," not so well in "Quantum"--although it may not have been entirely his fault. I don't know what I expected in Bond #23, but certainly not an experience this invigorating.
The movie's innovations begin in its first shots, which abandon the familiar stalking silhouettes in the iris lens, and hit the ground running. Bond and another agent are in Istanbul, chasing a man who has stolen a crucial hard drive, and after a chase through city streets (involving »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- The Dark Knight’s first 5 minutes say more about The Joker than the rest of the movie (From The AV Club. 22 September 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- “The Disaster Artist”: September Oscar predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 22 September 2017, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: 7 Things You Need to Know Before Seeing Denis Villeneuve’s Sequel (From Indiewire. 21 September 2017, 9:57 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- Could Logan Be a Serious Oscar Contender? Fox Seems to Think So. (From TVovermind.com. 22 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Breaking: Salman Khan – Katrina Kaif’s Tiger Zinda Hai shoot wraps up (From BollywoodHungama. 22 September 2017, 3:04 AM, PDT)
- Gotham season 4 episode 1 review: Pax Penguina (From Den of Geek. 21 September 2017, 6:14 PM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Daniel Craig Reportedly Wants Denis Villeneuve To Direct Next James Bond (From The Playlist. 22 September 2017, 6:23 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle review – spy sequel reaches new heights of skyscraping silliness (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 September 2017, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- ‘Kings’ Starring Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Is A Disastrous Faceplant [Tiff Review] (From The Playlist. 18 September 2017, 8:19 AM, PDT)