I'm double-posting my review of "Skyfall" to encourage comments, which my main site can't accept.
In this 50th year of the James Bond series, with the disappointing "Quantum of Solace" (2008) still in our minds, "Skyfall" triumphantly reinvents 007 in one of the best Bonds ever made. This is a full-blooded, joyous, intelligent celebration of a beloved cultural icon, with Daniel Craig taking full possession of a role he earlier played well in "Casino Royale," not so well in "Quantum"--although it may not have been entirely his fault. I don't know what I expected in Bond #23, but certainly not an experience this invigorating.
The movie's innovations begin in its first shots, which abandon the familiar stalking silhouettes in the iris lens, and hit the ground running. Bond and another agent are in Istanbul, chasing a man who has stolen a crucial hard drive, and after a chase through city streets (involving »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Tom Hardy Wants To Returns As Bane To Take Out Batman And Superman (From We Got This Covered. 5 September 2015, 4:43 AM, PDT)
- Brilliant Movie Mashup Brings All Your Favorite Characters To The Same Dance Club (From Cinema Blend. 3 September 2015, 7:28 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Video Essay Compares Christopher Nolan And Erik Skjoldbjærg's 'Insomnia' Side-By-Side (From The Playlist. 2 September 2015, 8:41 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- New footage revealed in featurette for Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups (From Flickeringmyth. 4 September 2015, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- First variant cover for Frank Miller’s Dark Knight III: The Master Race #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 3 September 2015, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- Competition: Win ‘Metal Hurlant: Resurgence’ on Blu-ray (From Blogomatic3000. 3 September 2015, 5:40 AM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Best of the Week: New 'Star Wars' Toys, Our Summer Movie Recap and More (From Movies.com. 4 September 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Does Hugh Jackman Want to Be James Bond? (From MovieWeb. 4 September 2015, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman As James Bond? Here's What He Says (From Cinema Blend. 4 September 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)