I'm double-posting my review of "Skyfall" to encourage comments, which my main site can't accept.
In this 50th year of the James Bond series, with the disappointing "Quantum of Solace" (2008) still in our minds, "Skyfall" triumphantly reinvents 007 in one of the best Bonds ever made. This is a full-blooded, joyous, intelligent celebration of a beloved cultural icon, with Daniel Craig taking full possession of a role he earlier played well in "Casino Royale," not so well in "Quantum"--although it may not have been entirely his fault. I don't know what I expected in Bond #23, but certainly not an experience this invigorating.
The movie's innovations begin in its first shots, which abandon the familiar stalking silhouettes in the iris lens, and hit the ground running. Bond and another agent are in Istanbul, chasing a man who has stolen a crucial hard drive, and after a chase through city streets (involving »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Directors & Their Troops: Christopher Nolan on the ‘Interstellar’ Team (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2014, 1:54 PM, PST)
- Peter Debruge’s Top 10 Films of 2014 (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2014, 1:26 PM, PST)
- Justin Chang’s Top 10 Films of 2014 (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2014, 12:58 PM, PST)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- Jim Carrey Would Be Down To Play 'The Riddler' Again In A New Batman Film (From ComicBookMovie. 17 December 2014, 4:20 AM, PST)
- William Fichtner Talks 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' and Coming Back for the Sequel (From Movies.com. 16 December 2014, 8:00 PM, PST)
- Batman Poster by Jp Valderrama - “Who Will You Be Tonight?” (From GeekTyrant. 16 December 2014, 5:34 PM, PST)
Daniel Craig (I)
- James Bond Gets Blotto On Belvedere (From Dark Horizons. 17 December 2014, 7:33 AM, PST)
- New James Bond Spectre First Set Clip Shows James Bond Boating Action In England (From OnTheFlix. 16 December 2014, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Christoph Waltz Says He Isn’t Playing Blofeld In Spectre (From We Got This Covered. 16 December 2014, 10:56 AM, PST)