Back in 1993, Steven Spielberg just totally blew the lid off of summer blockbusters forever with "Jurassic Park," which introduced the world not only to the wonders and horrors of dinosaurs gone mad, but also to the wonders and horrors of CGI gone mad.
And now, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of that feat, "Jurassic Park" is putting all that CGI to good use with a brand new, in-your-face 3D theatrical re-release.
Yes, hard to believe, but once upon a time Hollywood films had to rely on little models and claymation monsters to try and bring special effects to life. But that all changed when Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum took an ill-advised trip to Richard Attenborough's dinosaur theme park in the South Pacific. Sure, bringing dinosaurs back to life by cloning their DNA might sound like a good idea, but, on the other hand, it actually sounds »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- The Hollywood Booze Episode #59: Hungover (From The Hollywood News. 23 May 2013, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013: Frog, duck meat served to Vidya at lunch (From Bollywood Mantra. 23 May 2013, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Cannes film festival diary: day nine (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 May 2013, 10:58 AM, PDT)
Jurassic Park (1993)
- Rumor Mill: “Jurassic Park 4″ And “Poltergeist” Remake (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 23 May 2013, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- The Hangover Part III Review (From The Hollywood News. 23 May 2013, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- 'Jurassic Park 4' will be "a total rejig", says actor Sam Neill (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 May 2013, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- 'American Horror Story' and 'The Big Bang Theory' lead Critics' Choice TV Award nominees (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 22 May 2013, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- 'Big Bang' & 'Ahs' Dominate Critics Choice Noms (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 May 2013, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Critics’ Choice Award Nominations 2013: ‘Game Of Thrones’ & More TV (From HollywoodLife. 22 May 2013, 7:42 AM, PDT)