New York — The big hooks and soaring melodies of Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren are heading to Broadway.
Tony Award-winning producer Dede Harris tells The Associated Press on Thursday that she has optioned Warren's entire 2,000-song music catalog with an eye to getting her hits into a musical. The creative team and a timeline for the project will be announced at a later date.
A formal announcement was to be made later Thursday.
"We're starting with a blank canvas and the beauty of the development of this process is that we can let our imaginations run wild," Harris said Thursday. "We have so many different songs that we can pull from and create a story from so many of her songs that it's just too early to say."
Similar News ItemsWar Horse (2011)
- Lego Movie edifice growing for third week, with Non-Stop static at No 2 (From The Guardian - Film News. 4 March 2014, 9:10 AM, PST)
- Tom Daley unsure of Splash! return: 'It's down to ITV' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 February 2014, 5:14 AM, PST)
- Thor: The Dark World Blu-Ray Review Plus Cast Interview Bites (From AreYouScreening. 26 February 2014, 7:11 PM, PST)
- 5 rock acts ripe for country music tribute albums (From Hitfix. 28 February 2014, 2:24 PM, PST)
- ‘American Hustle,’ ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Nab Wins at Music Supervisors Awards (From Variety - Film News. 27 February 2014, 6:24 AM, PST)
- Real Housewives Star Brandi Glanville Stops by Hello Ross: Ross Mathews Gives Us the Behind the Scenes Scoop! (From E! Online. 21 February 2014, 3:33 PM, PST)
- Celine Dion's Husband Rene Angelil - Throat Cancer Sugery, Recovering (From National Ledger. 6 March 2014, 8:27 AM, PST)
- Dion's husband recovering post throat cancer surgery (From RealBollywood. 4 March 2014, 4:08 AM, PST)
- The Voice: Blake Shelton Lands a Top R&B Artist for His Team (From PEOPLE.com. 4 March 2014, 3:30 AM, PST)