Thanks to a special Wednesday night installment of The Voice, NBC’s Chicago Fire roared to series highs this week, rising 27 and 44 percent to deliver 7.1 million total viewers and a 2.3 rating.
Admittedly under special circumstances (and declining 8 percent in audience by the half hour), ChiFi now stands as this season’s only freshman drama to beat its premiere rating (1.9) with a subsequent episode.
As for The Voice itself (10.4 mil/3.7), it handily outrated rival The X Factor (7 mil/2.6), yet was down 18 percent from Monday’s Playoffs Part 1.
The night’s other big superlative goes to The CW’s Arrow, which surged »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Check Out the Fall 2017 Television Schedule (Updated 6/22/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 June 2017, 1:13 AM, PDT)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 6/22/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 June 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Wednesday TV Ratings: Little Big Shots: Forever Young, The F Word, Code Black, Arrow, Speechless (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 June 2017, 1:02 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- UK Baker Refuses to Make ‘X Factor’ Free Cake (From The Wrap. 22 June 2017, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Harry Styles' Stepfather, Robin Twist, Dead After Battle with Cancer (From TMZ. 22 June 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'A colossal misstep': The Voice Kids is great TV – if you're a monster (From The Guardian - TV News. 7 June 2017, 3:46 AM, PDT)
- Psych Revival Enlists New Love Interest for Gus — and There's a (Fun!) Twist (From TVLine.com. 22 June 2017, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Eli Roth to direct Jack Black in The House With a Clock In Its Walls (From Flickeringmyth. 22 June 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Jared Padalecki's Supercute Family Pictures (From Popsugar. 22 June 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)