Saul Zaentz submits legal complaint against The Asylum for attempting 'to divert customers away from the Hobbit films'
When a Hollywood producer made legal threats against a Southampton pub named The Hobbit earlier this year ahead of the release of Peter Jackson's latest Jrr Tolkien fantasy trilogy, the drinking hole picked up support from thousands of members of the public as well as actors Ian McKellen and Stephen Fry. A university lecturer was recently prevented from using the word "hobbit" to describe Homo floresiensis, the "little people" discovered in Indonesia. Now Saul Zaentz and his studio partners have a new target, albeit one less likely to elicit sympathy from fans of hairy-footed Shire-dwelling homunculi: low-budget flick Age of the Hobbits.
Zaentz, along with studios Warner Bros, New Line and MGM, which collectively own the screen rights to Tolkien's works, yesterday filed suit against specialist "mockbuster" production company The Asylum. »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Harry Potter Director to Return for ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Spinoff (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hunger Games,’ ‘Divergent’ Franchises Coming to TNT (From Variety - TV News. 21 August 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hunger Games,’ ‘Divergent’ Franchises Coming to TNT (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
Stephen Fry (I)
- Robin Williams Time Special Issue Out Friday, Packed with Tributes (Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 13 August 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Robin Williams found dead, aged 63: Hollywood expresses shock and sadness (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 August 2014, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- Peter Capaldi: a Doctor Who timeline (From Den of Geek. 6 August 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- 12 Crazy Comic Book Movie Rumours That Thankfully Never Happened (From Obsessed with Film. 21 August 2014, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Young Sherlock Star Joins "Mr. Holmes" (From Dark Horizons. 21 August 2014, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Concept Art For Xavier's Futuristic Hover Chair - X-men: Days Of Future Past (From ComicBookMovie. 20 August 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)