"The Kennedys," the controversial miniseries starring Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear that bounced from History Channel to ReelzChannel, could be getting a sequel. According to Deadline.com, Reelz and Canadian producer Muse Entertainment are looking at an eight-episode follow-up based on "After Camelot," the 2012 book by J. Randy Taraborrelli.
The sequel would pick up where the 2011 miniseries ended: the 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy. The book follows what happened to the Kennedys following the deaths of the family's two murdered sons. Deadline.com reports no writer is attached to the project yet and original "Kennedys" producers Joel Surnow and Asylum Entertainment are not involved with the sequel.
"Upon completion of the production of 'The Kennedys,' History has decided not to air the 8-part miniseries, »
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsKatie Holmes
- Miranda Kerr's Rumored Beau James Packer: Five Things to Know (From PEOPLE.com. 5 December 2013, 11:45 AM, PST)
- Walden Media restructures (From ScreenDaily. 5 December 2013, 10:14 AM, PST)
- Jamie Foxx Films 'Annie'. In New York (t) (From Uinterview (t). 2 December 2013, 9:00 PM, PST)
History Channel [us]
- ‘Bonnie & Clyde’ Writers Talk Turning Facts Into Drama: We’re ‘Telling a Tale’ (From The Wrap. 8 December 2013, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Bonnie and Clyde Starring Emile Hirsch: 5 Things to Get Excited About (From E! Online. 8 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- PopWatch Planner: 'Arrow', 'Scandal' mid-season finales, 'American Hustle' in theaters, more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- First Look at Jeremy Renner in Kill the Messenger Thriller (From Worst Previews. 5 November 2013, 5:38 AM, PST)
- Blu-ray and DVD Round up 5th November 2013 (From HeyUGuys. 5 November 2013, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Jeremy Renner Hunts For Truth In Photos From Kill The Messenger (From We Got This Covered. 4 November 2013, 4:32 PM, PST)