The Force is strong (and feathery) with new iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone app
Angry Birds. Star Wars. The very thought of these two global entertainment brands coming together was controversial when first announced, with plenty of critics suggesting the Star Wars brand was somehow being sullied by the association with a mobile game series that didn't exist five years ago.
It was as if these critics hadn't watched The Phantom Menace, or had blocked out the vision of Darth Vader and Yoda plugging PC World and Vodafone in TV ads. If anything, an association with Angry Birds in 2012 is a step up for Star Wars, given its recent history.
That said, scepticism about such a partnership is understandable: when the world's biggest entertainment brand ever meets the most popular brand of the mobile apps era, the danger is compromise: a game so hemmed in by brand guidelines that it forgets to be fun. »
- Stuart Dredge
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Jaws 19' Trailer, Tom Hiddleston Does His De Niro For De Niro and More (From Movies.com. 5 October 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- This 'Star Wars 7' Character Is Named After the Beastie Boys (From MovieWeb. 5 October 2015, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- Ray Harryhausen: Master of Illusion (From SoundOnSight. 5 October 2015, 3:44 PM, PDT)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Review: Joe Wright's 'Pan' Starring Hugh Jackman And Rooney Mara Is A Cacophonous Assault On The Senses (From The Playlist. 5 October 2015, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- From The Phantom Menace to Masters of the Universe: 10 great posters for terrible films (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 October 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 years ago today: Browncoats rejoiced when ‘Serenity’ opened in theaters (From Hitfix. 30 September 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Singh Is Bliing – Official Mobile Game Released (From Bollyspice. 4 October 2015, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- A Tale from the Depths of The Local Fighting Game Scene (From SoundOnSight. 2 October 2015, 8:20 PM, PDT)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided No Longer Has Pre-Order Campaign (From Cinelinx. 1 October 2015, 12:56 PM, PDT)