Budweiser wants the image of their logo blurred out in the movie Flight. The movie stars Denzel Washington who plays a pilot with a drinking problem. In the film, Washington is seen drinking Budweiser beer on several occasions, once while driving a car. The beer company says they do not want their name attached to alcoholism.
"We would never condone the misuse of our products, and have a long history of promoting responsible drinking and preventing drunk driving," Vice President of Budweiser, Robert McCartney, wrote in a letter to Flight director Robert Zemeckis. "We have asked the studio to obscure the Budweiser trademark in current digital copies of the movie and on all subsequent adaptations of the film, including DVD, On Demand, streaming and additional prints not yet distributed to theaters."
Unfortunately for Budweiser, Flight hit theaters last weekend and opened with $25 million at the box office.
Similar News ItemsDenzel Washington
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk and more (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 4:25 AM, PST)
- Guy Lodge's DVDs and downloads (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 December 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)
- First Look at Denzel Washington in The Equalizer Crime Thriller (From Worst Previews. 7 December 2013, 4:11 AM, PST)
- New To Netflix: Time, Terrorism, Wuxia, And Snowboarding (From Twitch. 6 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 14 Biggest Potential Bombs of 2014 (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2013, 11:47 AM, PST)
- 25 Days of Christmas: 'Harry Potter' marathon marks last countdown day (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 30 November 2013, 7:48 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: John Goodman opines on the rules of suicide in a clip from 'Inside Llewyn Davis' (From Hitfix. 26 November 2013, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Roundup: McQueen named Director of the Year by Palm Springs (From Hitfix. 21 November 2013, 5:26 AM, PST)
- New trailer for Need for Speed movie (From Flickeringmyth. 19 November 2013, 10:59 AM, PST)