It’s been a long time since any news of the feature film adaptation of Garth Ennis’ graphic novel Preacher cropped up, and the light at the end of the tunnel is still elusive. But now we may have a better idea of exactly why that is. During press coverage for James Bond’s upcoming adventure, Skyfall director Sam Mendes opened up about his own ill-fated adaptation of Preacher.
Mendes is candid about the reasons he was forced to move on from bringing Ennis’ memorable cast to life on film, placing the blame with no one but himself. While his experience may not bode well for the film itself, he also believes that the big screen may not be the only place that Preacher could shine.
Those who have been following the development (or lack thereof) of ...
- Andrew Dyce
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- The Academy Celebrates The Opening of The Hollywood Costume Exhibition in Los Angeles (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 September 2014, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Competition: Win 'Lilting' on DVD (From CineVue. 29 September 2014, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- Guy Pearce Joins Genius (From EmpireOnline. 28 September 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Rihanna linked with James Bond 24 (From Den of Geek. 30 September 2014, 11:05 PM, PDT)
- Rihanna Wanted for 'Bond 24' Role and Theme Song? (From MovieWeb. 30 September 2014, 8:37 PM, PDT)
- Rumor: Rihanna Offered Bond 24 Role (From ComicBookMovie. 30 September 2014, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- Obscure comic book movies that nearly got the greenlight (From Den of Geek. 19 September 2014, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- Duncan Jones and Rian Johnson interested in directing Preacher episodes for AMC (From Flickeringmyth. 15 September 2014, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- 'Preacher': Seth Rogen Wants 'Warcraft' Director Duncan Jones (From MovieWeb. 15 September 2014, 9:57 AM, PDT)