It’s been a long time since any news of the feature film adaptation of Garth Ennis’ graphic novel Preacher cropped up, and the light at the end of the tunnel is still elusive. But now we may have a better idea of exactly why that is. During press coverage for James Bond’s upcoming adventure, Skyfall director Sam Mendes opened up about his own ill-fated adaptation of Preacher.
Mendes is candid about the reasons he was forced to move on from bringing Ennis’ memorable cast to life on film, placing the blame with no one but himself. While his experience may not bode well for the film itself, he also believes that the big screen may not be the only place that Preacher could shine.
Those who have been following the development (or lack thereof) of ...
- Andrew Dyce
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- Tum Bin 2’s 007 connection (From Bollyspice. 19 October 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: Abbey Grace, The Mummy #1, Razors, Q&A with Stray Director Nena Eskridge, Tabloid Vivant (From DailyDead. 18 October 2016, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Is Odds-On Favorite as James Bond Betting Continues (From MovieWeb. 14 October 2016, 2:32 PM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- It sounds like Daniel Craig has changed his mind about returning as James Bond (From HeyUGuys. 10 October 2016, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Walks Back James Bond Comments: “I Would Miss It Terribly” (From We Got This Covered. 10 October 2016, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Is Reconsidering Returning to James Bond (From MovieWeb. 9 October 2016, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘Johnny Red #8′ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 5 October 2016, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- ‘World of Tanks: Roll Out #1′ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 22 September 2016, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Neca to Release Preacher Action Figures of Jesse Custer and Cassidy (From DailyDead. 14 September 2016, 2:56 PM, PDT)