As Americans across the country reacted to news about President Barack Obama's reelection, one young member of the 1 percent took to Instagram to make a very public, very unwise joke.
It all started when Peter Brant II, the 18-year-old son of publishing mogul Peter Brant Sr. and supermodel Stephanie Seymour, began exchanging mocking text messages with friend Andrew Warren, Jezebel reports.
Warren, whose location on Twitter is listed as "NYC/Hamptons," joked that the election results were going to make him "poor," to which Brant replied, "I have a contingency plan. Kill Obama hahaha." The remark was then followed by a joke about women's rights.
Not wishing this witty exchange to remain just between the two friends, Brant took a screenshot and posted it to his Instagram. Comments were mixed, with someone feeling the joke was hilarious, and others feeling very much the opposite.
Warren took to Twitter to defend himself on Wednesday. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Finding Nemo’s 10-Year Anniversary: How Things Have Changed! (From The Hollywood News. 24 May 2013, 4:05 AM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart Tears Apart Obama, Doj For Prosecuting Whistleblowers And Potheads But Not Bankers (From Mediaite - TV. 23 May 2013, 8:47 PM, PDT)
- News Anchor Fired For Accusing IRS Of Targeting Him After Obama Interview (From Mediaite - TV. 23 May 2013, 6:56 PM, PDT)
- First Dibs: Is Emma Watson Trying To Grow Up Faster For The Bling Ring? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 16 May 2013, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Gets Artsy Before His Big Auction (From Popsugar. 13 May 2013, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Stephanie Seymour Mixes Bikinis and Family Time in St. Barts (From Popsugar. 4 January 2013, 6:47 AM, PST)
Peter Brant (I)
- Prince Harry Plays Polo, Thanks U.S. For Hospitality During Tour (From PEOPLE.com. 15 May 2013, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Stephanie Seymour Sports a Bikini on Holiday With the Brant Brothers (From Popsugar. 21 December 2012, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Stephanie Seymour Sports Another Sexy Swimsuit in St Barts (From Popsugar. 27 December 2011, 7:51 AM, PST)