As Americans across the country reacted to news about President Barack Obama's reelection, one young member of the 1 percent took to Instagram to make a very public, very unwise joke.
It all started when Peter Brant II, the 18-year-old son of publishing mogul Peter Brant Sr. and supermodel Stephanie Seymour, began exchanging mocking text messages with friend Andrew Warren, Jezebel reports.
Warren, whose location on Twitter is listed as "NYC/Hamptons," joked that the election results were going to make him "poor," to which Brant replied, "I have a contingency plan. Kill Obama hahaha." The remark was then followed by a joke about women's rights.
Not wishing this witty exchange to remain just between the two friends, Brant took a screenshot and posted it to his Instagram. Comments were mixed, with someone feeling the joke was hilarious, and others feeling very much the opposite.
Warren took to Twitter to defend himself on Wednesday. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Film Review: ‘Affluenza’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 July 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Jackson: Good to Help Immigrants, But Obama Can’t ‘Abandon Urban America’ (From Mediaite - TV. 11 July 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- LeBron James Is 'Going Home' to Cleveland: Hollywood, White House Reacts (From The Hollywood Reporter. 11 July 2014, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Adriana, Alessandra, Suki, and More Supermodels Take Cannes at Chopard's Bash (From Popsugar. 20 May 2014, 12:16 AM, PDT)
- The Seventh Seal (From CultureCatch. 14 March 2014, 5:14 AM, PDT)
- Why David Beckham Is Teaming Up With Prince William (From Popsugar. 13 February 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
Peter Brant (I)
- Saban Films, Roadside saddle Homesman (From ScreenDaily. 20 June 2014, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Saban Films, Roadside saddle up on Homesman (From ScreenDaily. 20 June 2014, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Kendall Jenner Featured In Givenchy Fall 2014 Campaign (From Uinterview. 17 June 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)