The iconic jungle hero Tarzan is returning to the screen in live-action form. Director David Yates is in the early stages of working out the project with Warner Brothers. Several big-name actors are being considered for the title role.
Tarzan is one of the most well-known fictional characters ever created. Dreamed up by author Edgar Rice Burroughs 100 years ago, (The character first appeared in All Stories Magazine in 1912) Tarzan has since been featured in books, movies, comics, television and even plays. He's been adapted in both animated and live action form. The newest project about the king of the jungle will be a live-action, big screen epic directed by David Yates.
Yates made his mark as the director of the last four Harry Potter films, all of which were huge box office hits. The new Tarzan project is in the beginning stages, so there are no plot details yet. However, »
- email@example.com (Rob Young)
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Wonder Woman Is Now The Highest Grossing Superhero Origin Story (From We Got This Covered. 20 August 2017, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’: Patty Jenkins Signing Historic Deal to Become Highest Paid Female Director in Hollywood (From Indiewire. 18 August 2017, 6:48 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan flying to China to support Dunkirk release (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 12:05 PM, PDT)
Man of Steel (2013)
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Crosses $800 Million Worldwide (From Collider.com. 21 August 2017, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- Superman And Watchmen Feature On First Doomsday Clock Covers (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2017, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Darkseid And Lex Luthor Said To Be Absent From Justice League’s Final Cut (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2017, 9:58 AM, PDT)
Tom Hardy (I)
- Aladdin Gets Homeland Star as Jafar's Henchman Hakim (From MovieWeb. 21 August 2017, 3:02 PM, PDT)
- Weak Weekend Box Office - Did You Go To the Movies? (From FilmExperience. 20 August 2017, 7:52 PM, PDT)
- Adam Driver Teases Kylo Ren's Unexpected Fate in Star Wars 8 (From MovieWeb. 18 August 2017, 6:05 PM, PDT)