The Ponds are gone, but "Doctor Who" will welcome back a famed writer and beloved villains in an episode scheduled for 2013.
Sci-fi and fantasy literary legend Neil Gaiman ("Coraline," "Stardust") has penned an installment featuring the return of the Cybermen, which marks the robotic baddies' first appearance on the show since the 2011 episode "Closing Time" (when they invaded a department store and met their match in new father Craig, played by James Corden).
There are no details yet on Gaiman's plans for the Cybermen, but the BBC website reveals the episode will also feature a "band of misfits on a mysterious planet" played by guest stars Warwick Davis ("Life's Too Short"), Tamzin Outhwaite ("EastEnders") and Jason Watkins ("Being Human").
Since Gaiman's previous episode -- "The Doctor's Wife," featuring guest star Suranne Jones as a flesh-and-blood incarnation of the Tardis -- is one of our favorites of the modern era we »
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- Angel Season 11 Comic Book Series Announced by Dark Horse (From DailyDead. 27 September 2016, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- BBC Radio 4 announces 2 new Neil Gaiman dramas (From Den of Geek. 26 September 2016, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Power Ep on Finale Death, How Ghost's Arrest Affects 'Fearless' Season 4 (From TVLine.com. 25 September 2016, 7:00 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Titan unveils Nycc Doctor Who 2016 Convention Special variant covers (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2016, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Claire Foy Owns "The Crown" (From SneakPeek. 29 September 2016, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- San Diego International Film Festival 2016 Exclusive Interview: Branko Tomovic on Red (From Screen Anarchy. 29 September 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Theatre Review: Rehearsal For Murder (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 28 September 2016, 1:58 AM, PDT)
- Maddy Hill on remixing Shakespeare and larging it at Danny Dyer's wedding (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 September 2016, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Count Arthur Strong and the comforts of traditional sitcom (From Den of Geek. 25 September 2016, 3:23 AM, PDT)