The Ponds are gone, but "Doctor Who" will welcome back a famed writer and beloved villains in an episode scheduled for 2013.
Sci-fi and fantasy literary legend Neil Gaiman ("Coraline," "Stardust") has penned an installment featuring the return of the Cybermen, which marks the robotic baddies' first appearance on the show since the 2011 episode "Closing Time" (when they invaded a department store and met their match in new father Craig, played by James Corden).
There are no details yet on Gaiman's plans for the Cybermen, but the BBC website reveals the episode will also feature a "band of misfits on a mysterious planet" played by guest stars Warwick Davis ("Life's Too Short"), Tamzin Outhwaite ("EastEnders") and Jason Watkins ("Being Human").
Since Gaiman's previous episode -- "The Doctor's Wife," featuring guest star Suranne Jones as a flesh-and-blood incarnation of the Tardis -- is one of our favorites of the modern era we »
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- Hannibal Stars, Producers Talk 'Mic-Dropping' Finale, Preview Season 3's Talented Mr. Lecter Twists (From TVLine.com. 25 July 2014, 6:43 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 Film Panel Schedule: ‘Star Wars,’ ‘X-Men’ and More (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Ron Howard Will Direct New Documentary On The Beatles (From The Hollywood News. 17 July 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Sdcc Mondo poster for Guardians of the Galaxy (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2014, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- Penny Dreadful Season 1 Blu-ray / DVD Cover Art & Release Details (From DailyDead. 25 July 2014, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat says Peter Jackson could direct 'Doctor Who' (From Hitfix. 25 July 2014, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Om Puri to be Honored at Special Preview Screening of his new film The Hundred-Foot Journey (From Bollyspice. 25 July 2014, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Pat Sharp teams with Dave Benson-Phillips for Pointless Celebrities (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 July 2014, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Jacqueline Jossa: Dan Osborne is 'hot stuff' (From Virgin Media - TV. 25 July 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)