What follows is an exchange between Josh Timmermann (a fellow critic and Vancouver resident, who you may recall from this) and I, wherein we discuss the Vancouver International Film Festival and its individual parts, a chance to color outside the lines a bit and discuss the ins and outs of our festival experiences.
Above: Granville 7 Theatre, Viff's primary venue.
Adam Cook: I’ve been attending Viff since 2008—and you’ve been attending since 2007—so it seems kind of safe to say we’re well on our way to being veterans of the festival; although, this claim is humbled when encountering someone like Chuck Stephens—a member of this year’s Dragons & Tigers jury—who has been coming (from out of town, no less) for something like twenty years. However, five years of Viff-going has equipped me with a knack for knowing how to approach the festival, how to navigate the programming—and, »
- Adam Cook
Similar News ItemsMads Mikkelsen
- Three new posters for Hannibal season 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 6 May 2015, 1:34 AM, PDT)
- Watch a New Promo Video for Hannibal Season 3 (From DailyDead. 5 May 2015, 4:22 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Art and Making of Hannibal the Television Series’ Book Review (From Blogomatic3000. 4 May 2015, 7:03 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015: Audiard, Haynes & Director's Fortnight (From CineVue. 30 April 2015, 12:41 AM, PDT)
- 'Finding Neverland': Theater Review (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 April 2015, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Daily | Interviews | Scorsese, Hertzfeldt, Bong (From Keyframe. 4 April 2015, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- Emma Thompson, Brendan Gleeson Movie ‘Alone in Berlin’ Starts to Shoot (From Variety - Film News. 26 March 2015, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Thompson, Gleeson, Bruhl begin 'Alone In Berlin' shoot (From ScreenDaily. 26 March 2015, 5:08 AM, PDT)
- Les Films du Losange Boards Wrong Men’s ‘Prejudice’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2015, 7:36 AM, PST)