For actors, the move into directing is an alluring one, giving them the opportunity to bring their own ideas to life and, using their appeal, broadcast them to a wide audience. Only a select few, however, garner as much acclaim for their efforts behind the camera as they do for their actions in front of it. This list looks at ten such individuals.
It should be noted that there are a number of individuals who started their careers as directors before eventually become renowned for their acting roles as well. Such people, however, including greats such as Woody Allen, John Huston and Sydney Pollack, are omitted from this list, which focuses on those who made the reverse transformation.
10. Ben Stiller
Born into an acting family, Ben Stiller harboured early aspirations for directing as well as following in the comedic footsteps of his father Jerry, with early credits in his career including 1996′s The Cable Guy. »
- Alex Antliff
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Film Review: ‘Hermia & Helena’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 August 2016, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- New Photos Of Clint Eastwood’s Oscar Contender ‘Sully’ Starring Tom Hanks (From The Playlist. 25 August 2016, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Woody Allen: 'There are traumas in life that weaken us. That’s what has happened to me' (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 August 2016, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Why Liking Bad Films Means You’re Smarter Than Average (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Toronto: Adam Leon's 'Tramps' seals sales deal (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: Adam Leon's 'Tramps' scores sales deal (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Tropic Thunder (2008)
- Top Ten Box Office Takeaways: Why ‘Ben-Hur’ Is Biggest Flop Among Wimpy Openers (From Indiewire. 22 August 2016, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- TV Review – Jean-Claude Van Johnson – Pilot Episode (From Flickeringmyth. 20 August 2016, 2:55 AM, PDT)
- Will Ferrell And John C. Reilly To Reunite For Holmes & Watson (From TheMovieBit. 17 August 2016, 3:59 AM, PDT)