The upcoming Need For Speed film, based on the popular videogame series, is coming together rather nicely. Aaron Paul and Imogen Poots are already set to star and now we have a third name to add to the cast, Dominic Cooper.
Set to be directed by Act of Valor‘s Scott Waugh, Variety reports that Cooper will play a “former Nascar driver named Dino, who runs a business creating supercars, and does business with Poots’ character.”
As for Paul, he’ll play an ”underground racecar driver who owns a garage that modifies expensive cars to make them faster for racing. He’s framed and sent to prison when his best friend is murdered during a race” and “he seeks revenge upon his release.”
Scripted by George Gatins, the film will follow in the tradition of some of the more well known car-culture films that were popular in the ’70s.
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsAaron Paul (I)
- Celebrities Reveal Their Favorite TV Shows (From Variety - TV News. 25 February 2015, 4:21 PM, PST)
- The Oscars Party Started at Elton John's Star-Studded Bash (From Popsugar. 24 February 2015, 12:20 PM, PST)
- Inside Oscar’s Glamorous After-Parties (From Variety - Film News. 23 February 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Watch: Maggie Smith Stars as 'The Lady in the Van' in First Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 1 March 2015, 2:01 PM, PST)
- Russell Tovey: ‘I was a scared, skinny little rat. Then I hit the gym…’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 1 March 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Maggie Smith lives on a driveway in The Lady in the Van trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 February 2015, 11:19 AM, PST)
- 'Magnificent Seven' Gets Haley Bennett as the Female Lead (From MovieWeb. 20 February 2015, 4:24 PM, PST)
- Watch: Owen Wilson & Imogen Poots Feature In A New Clip From ‘She’s Funny That Way’ Plus New Photos (From The Playlist. 13 February 2015, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Terrence Malick Establishes Creative Partnership With Broad Green Pictures (From The Wrap. 12 February 2015, 12:33 PM, PST)