The upcoming Need For Speed film, based on the popular videogame series, is coming together rather nicely. Aaron Paul and Imogen Poots are already set to star and now we have a third name to add to the cast, Dominic Cooper.
Set to be directed by Act of Valor‘s Scott Waugh, Variety reports that Cooper will play a “former Nascar driver named Dino, who runs a business creating supercars, and does business with Poots’ character.”
As for Paul, he’ll play an ”underground racecar driver who owns a garage that modifies expensive cars to make them faster for racing. He’s framed and sent to prison when his best friend is murdered during a race” and “he seeks revenge upon his release.”
Scripted by George Gatins, the film will follow in the tradition of some of the more well known car-culture films that were popular in the ’70s.
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsAaron Paul (I)
- Giveaway – Win Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy Xv on Blu-ray (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- Netflix Originals: 11 great shows for your to-watch list (From Den of Geek. 14 September 2016, 12:14 PM, PDT)
- Casey Affleck Directing, Starring in Survival Drama ‘Light of My Life’ (From Variety - Film News. 9 September 2016, 5:56 PM, PDT)
Dominic Cooper (I)
- Warcraft Deleted Scene Hits the Pub with Singer Chesney Hawkes (From MovieWeb. 21 September 2016, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Watch the blooper reel for Warcraft (From Flickeringmyth. 20 September 2016, 7:06 AM, PDT)
- Dinard festival sets Brexit panel, Claude Lelouch as jury president (From ScreenDaily. 20 September 2016, 5:06 AM, PDT)
- Roadies: Showtime Series Officially Cancelled; No Season Two (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 September 2016, 11:51 PM, PDT)
- Showtime Cancels Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' After One Season (From Rolling Stone. 16 September 2016, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: Imogen Poots Joins Zoe Saldana’s ‘I Kill Giants’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 10 September 2016, 7:32 PM, PDT)