The upcoming Need For Speed film, based on the popular videogame series, is coming together rather nicely. Aaron Paul and Imogen Poots are already set to star and now we have a third name to add to the cast, Dominic Cooper.
Set to be directed by Act of Valor‘s Scott Waugh, Variety reports that Cooper will play a “former Nascar driver named Dino, who runs a business creating supercars, and does business with Poots’ character.”
As for Paul, he’ll play an ”underground racecar driver who owns a garage that modifies expensive cars to make them faster for racing. He’s framed and sent to prison when his best friend is murdered during a race” and “he seeks revenge upon his release.”
Scripted by George Gatins, the film will follow in the tradition of some of the more well known car-culture films that were popular in the ’70s.
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsAaron Paul (I)
- Exclusive: Watch Julie Bowen Freak Out on 'The Price Is Right' for Celebrity Charity Week (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 February 2017, 6:17 PM, PST)
- Bryan Cranston Says He’d Reprise His Breaking Bad Role “In A Second” (From We Got This Covered. 16 February 2017, 6:54 PM, PST)
- DVD Obscura: The New Indie and International Movies You Need to Watch (From Movies.com. 10 February 2017, 7:30 PM, PST)
Dominic Cooper (I)
- According to the film’s director, there’s no word on Warcraft 2 – yet (From Flickeringmyth. 10 February 2017, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Eva Green, Gemma Arterton board lesbian romance 'Vita & Virginia' (From ScreenDaily. 8 February 2017, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Dominic Cooper teases Preacher season 2 with gruesome image (From Flickeringmyth. 4 February 2017, 7:05 AM, PST)
- Joe Carnahan to Write & Direct The Raid Reimagining Starring Frank Grillo (From DailyDead. 16 February 2017, 8:05 AM, PST)
- ‘Green Room’ Director Jeremy Saulnier Lines Up Jeffrey Wright, Alexander Skarsgard & Riley Keough For ‘Hold The Dark’ (From The Playlist. 13 February 2017, 9:21 AM, PST)
- Maggie Siff’s Drama ‘A Woman, A Part’ Bought by Strand for U.S. (From Variety - Film News. 9 February 2017, 5:37 PM, PST)