Jacob Krupnick, the director of Girl Walk // All Day — the first film to play at Brooklyn’s reRun Theatre under its new programming partnership with Ifp and Filmmaker magazine — is not only wowing audiences with his infectious, joyful dance movie, but is also showing his serious side with a short film made for the New York Times, a collaboration with photographer Pieter Hugo and composer Adam Horovitz, aka The Beastie Boys’ Ad-Rock.
In an email announcing the film, Krupnick wrote:
For much of the last month, I’ve been working on a project about a sliver of the American landscape between New York City and Washington DC.
The result is a short film called Off The Rails, which has just gone up on the Times‘ site here.
A little more explanation:
I spent ten days traveling along the Northeast Corridor — the Amtrak line connecting the two cities — with the photographer Pieter Hugo. »
- Nick Dawson
Similar News ItemsBeastie Boys
- Idris Elba Is in Talks to Play the Villain in Star Trek 3 (From BuzzSugar. 25 March 2015, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: Maisie Williams Shares 'Game of Thrones' Arya Clip, Kevin Hart Disses Will Ferrell (Video) (From Moviefone. 25 March 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Fresh Off the Boat Recap: All Hail Jessica Huang (From Vulture. 24 March 2015, 8:43 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Ben Stiller, Amanda Seyfried, Adam Horovitz and Noah Baumbach Talk While We’re Young (From ShockYa. 25 March 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Adam Horovitz Talks While We’Re Young, If He’ll Continue Acting and More (From Collider.com. 25 March 2015, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Noah Baumbach Talks 'While We're Young,' Working With James Murphy, Ad-Rock, Wes Anderson & More (From The Playlist. 25 March 2015, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- Kansas City And San Francisco Critics Name The Master Best Picture Of 2012 (From We Got This Covered. 16 December 2012, 6:01 PM, PST)
- Five Questions With “Girl Walk // All Day” Director Jacob Krupnick (From Filmmaker Magazine. 1 November 2012, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Girl Walk // All Day | Review (From ioncinema. 31 October 2012, 8:10 PM, PDT)