Advertising in movies is fairly ubiquitous, but some films take creative license to malign the products in the storyline
The can of Bud may or may not have helped Whitaker miraculously land the plane safely after it suffers a mechanical failure, but Budweiser maker Anheuser-Busch has asked the film's distributor Paramount Pictures to obscure or remove the Budweiser logo from the film.
Flight premiered Friday and Anheuser-Busch said the film didn't ask for permission to use Budweiser in the film, though it's not really protected by trademark law.
The alcoholic Whitaker also drinks vodka often in the film though his tastes stretch across several brands, including Stolichnaya. The vodka's distributor said they didn't license the brand for the film and wouldn't »
- Amanda Holpuch
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay (I)
- Marvel and IMAX have found a director for the first two episodes of The Inhumans (From HeyUGuys. 19 January 2017, 8:37 PM, PST)
- Newswire: G.I. Joe can’t play with Transformers until Michael Bay’s done with them (From The AV Club. 19 January 2017, 1:31 PM, PST)
- G.I. Joe 3 was going to have the Transformers crossover we wanted (From Cinelinx. 19 January 2017, 1:16 PM, PST)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Jim Gianopulos in Early Talks With Wanda for Legendary Post (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 7:46 PM, PST)
- ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’ Filmmakers on Al Gore and Fighting Climate Change in the Trump Era — Sundance 2017 (From Indiewire. 19 January 2017, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Alamo Drafthouse & Mondo to Kick Off Year-Long Celebration of Stanley Kubrick with A Clockwork Orange Apparel & Screenings (From DailyDead. 19 January 2017, 12:45 PM, PST)
- Stephen Gaghan Takes on Video Game Adaptation ‘The Division’ for Ubisoft (From Indiewire. 19 January 2017, 2:16 PM, PST)
- Win Passes To The Advance Screening Of Gold In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 19 January 2017, 2:12 PM, PST)
- Full Episode | People Now Thursday January 19, 2017 (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 1:20 PM, PST)